Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:26 am 
Hello,

I really like the pictures this month, some really good ideas. Well done everyone.

This is my first assignment entry so I hope people like my hound's drinking habbits :P

I really like the birds eyes, that was a great idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:52 pm 

My suspicions are confirmed! Good work Patti, I was about to release the ferrets. (all 9 of them)

Chinamark....this is a common occurrance in my household, glad to see someone finally capture it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:49 pm 
Mark, that is one creative and freaky photo. It reminds me of Count Dracula.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:34 am 
haha...thanks guys! I think I've been watching too many spooky TV shows like Supernatural & the Ghost Whisperer!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:58 am 

DD_nVidia wrote:
Someone has a MkIIN =D haha!

Nice shots everyone!

Ah Lochore, I live there ^.^ Should have given me a shout on the forums I would have been more than happy to chum you about; was a fantastic day yesterday here as well, hardly a cloud in the sky!

HaHa I thought the same thing about the mk11n :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:11 am 
Site Admin

Chinamark - inspired stuff! (I think I'm going wake up screaming tonight though!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:15 am 
:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice one Mark!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 3:52 pm 
i like the picture Mark but you wouldn't get my vote, caus i like pictures wich are really taken not created by photoshop.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:13 pm 
HS wrote:
i like the picture Mark but you wouldn't get my vote, caus i like pictures wich are really taken not created by photoshop.

8)

=0 did he not take the photo with a camera 1st though =p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:14 pm 
Thanks for the feedback guys :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:32 pm 
Hi, Great photos so far and were only just more than a week in. Good idea with the theme being not just optical reflection, I'm hunting for some less obvious shots this month but I've being trying out a few water shots at Bolton Abbey - Yorkshire:-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 3:56 am 
i don't know you guys how much you do know about ps... but to get a great picture out of nothin' is imposible.. considering just the basic editing (contrast, saturation, sharpness, levels, curves).. any other thing i consider it photomanipulation..

sometimes a good photo can become a great one just by editing a bit in photoshop.. i don't get it, why everybody's making such a fuss about it.. those stuff could be done in the dark room for film photos too..

cheers,
HNV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:08 am 
In the essence of "On Assignment", I was inspired by this month's theme to create and capture an image that I wouldn't ordinarily go out of my way to create or capture. I can go out any day and take pics of scenery & people etc., but votes or no votes, I'm really happy with what I created. :)

Isn't that what On Assignment's all about? Challenging your creative side and letting those juices flow :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:41 am 

Oh, my gosh da duck o' the day! He appears here...

you know what? If I KNEW HOW to ps my images I would be all over it in a heart beat...I appreciate that talent, everyone knows it was a photo that C.Mark edited, and I like creative abilities, no matter where we find them..once, I read, here, I think, that digital images ARE all FAKE...they are not film...they are illusion images...electronically captured...and I say push yourself to the farthest limits of your ability, your dreams, your knowledge..don't let your camera limit you...there is so much more you can do, if you know how.

I think the image posted ChinaMark is a standout...and I am glad to see the challenge, the forethought, planning, and time spent creating this image for us is much appreciated...
not all folks feel like that, I know, and are more pureists in their approach, but for me? I like to see what is out there...At the start of this, the "thememaster" said to use our imaginations...and I like that, just fine. my imagination right now, is limited by my ability to produce what I know can be done...
or in the words of Jimi Hendrix..."I know what I want but I just don't know, how to go about gettin it..."
No worries here, I like it when we explore, and I like it when we explain it...that is why I am here..to learn...
thanks for teaching me just what can be done, ChinaMark.

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 2:11 pm 
patti wrote:
Oh, my gosh da duck o' the day! He appears here...

Patti,
Here is a duck for you. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next