Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:09 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Infrared: Old Farm House
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 3:28 pm 
I'm not sure as to where these should be posted?

Infrared Photography has become one of my favorites. Here's a couple of an old farm house that I was able to shoot before they (sadly) leveled it.

Is anyone shooting infrared? I hope you like?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:24 pm 

Hi Mike,

Yes, I do like. Especially the second one. I see they were taken with your Cybershot. A number of cameras have quite aggressive infra-red filters in front of the sensor. Is the Cybershot a particularly good choice for IR photography?

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:29 pm 
"Hi, Bob" Thanks again for looking in on me!

...The F-717 Cybershot very well maybe one of the best choices for shooting Infrared due to the fact that you do not need to have the camera "Modified."

Sony has made a number of their Cybershot series that can shoot in Nightshot Mode. By stacking filter(s) and shooting in this mode during daylight hours, the camera automatically moves "flips" the infrared filter away from the sensor allowing Infrared light into the camera. I'm stacking the Hoya R-72, the ND-8 and a Polarized filters, so to achieve what you see here.

I've seen others that have had there older "Second" cameras modified so to remove the infrared filter completely, but once you've had that done, that's all you'll be able to shoot with that camera.

I hope this has helped to answer your question? Thanks again, Mike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:05 am 
Really nice shots! I didn't know compacts(or any camera for that matter) had an IR filter that could be flipped out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:44 am 

wow! these are really nice, whole new persepective, "new eyes"...lovin this, and love the subject matter, as well..

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:29 pm 
"Thanks" for the kind comments from both; grahamnp and patti.

I'm pleased to have shared these and glad that you've enjoyed!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:43 pm 
after reading the posts i think i understand what IR photography is! number one one looks really nice, like a painting

Quentin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:24 pm 
Nice to meet you, Quentin!

Thanks for looking in on my photos. If you're interested, I'll try posting some more Infrared photos yet today.

"Thanks Again," Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:27 pm 
Well thank you Micheal! It sure is a pleasure meeting you too! and yes I am interested, as a matter of fact I'm interested in anything concerning photography. Keep me posted!

Quentin