Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:46 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:52 am 
Hello,

I was going through the 'Best Buys' section of your site and was surprised to find that Fuji Finepix S6000fd isn't listed in the best Super zoom area.

I read several reviews of it and the general consensus is that it's an outstanding one just like F31fd. I am interested to know the factors against it that prevented you from featuring it in the best super zoom page.

Thanks,
Sridhar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:21 pm 
Hi Sridhar,

I believe Gordon only recommends cameras he has personally reviewed. The Finepix S6000fd has not been reviewed here yet...

Darrin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:10 am 
aah...What a pity! I wish Fujifilm donates one to Gordon for his kind review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:55 am 
Site Admin

Hi guys, yep, I'll only put a camera in the Best Buys section which I have personally tested.

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:01 pm 
Didn't Fuji supply you guys one to be reviewed? I think that's an absolute shame.

While looking for a super zoom/bridge camera I must have read (literally) dozens of reviews on almost anything that was on the market a couple of months ago.

I learned to love CameraLabs for their fantastic work doing deep, serious and enjoyable reviews.

But:
The s6000fd, which looked like the best camera for my needs, namely usable high ISO, and a nice wide angle (28mm in 36mm equivalent) wasn't reviewed around here.

I bought my s6000 anyway (which is a big deal for me, since i've been doing digital photography for only a few months and thus is a new world to me), and I'd still really like Gordon to tell me if I bought the correct camera.

By the way, Is anyone else waiting for the s8000fd with the same anticipation as I am?, 8MP, Super CCD with (half resolution) ISO 6400!!!!!???, mechanical image stabilization, 27mm-486mm equivalent focal lenght!!!!. That's a lot of camera for (announced) 399dlls. I think it's pushing everything to it's limit, will it hold? If it keeps the gr8 high ISO performance from my s6000 it sounds like a dream (budget) digital camera.

I'm dying to know what folks here at CameraLabs have to say about it.

Greetings.
Misael

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:48 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Misael, we are keen to test the S8000fd as soon as Fujfilm can get one to us...!

Gordon