Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:42 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:11 am 
my o my i take a trip downtown and miss the whole discussion...i can honestly say ive used every other button on this dang camera but that one...which is shared with the flash compensation (guess what i filled my excursion to the alamo testing?) thanks for the criticism, as it was very constructive and has improved the respect for what i carry around all day, when all it should be is a water source...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:48 am 
There are some great entries this month, and what a collection...... but rather than do a rushed entry as I did last month, I will be sitting this one out. My work load is just a bit over the top ATM but will be comming to an end around the end of May and my life gets back to being normal, which means I can go out and do some pixs for myself. I will still have work to do but without any rush or time frame......

....... I will be able to report back on my new lens which I have not used as yet other than a quick test..... I have used my new Sigma 1.4 30mm as a PJ lens shooting available light and find this lens a must have. My images shot with this lens made the front page of 2 local news papers nothing exciting just people pixs......

I will also have a bit more time for the forum...... that is after my next trip away...... early next month

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:15 pm 

Sgt..if I'm understanding correctly, you carry all your photography equipment in addition to all your other supplies? Well thanks for your entry, I was unfamiliar with a "duece and a half" but after making some inquiries, I was informed that you were right on about it's functionality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:46 pm 
i typically carry a LBV or load bearing vest when my team goes to the field to train our students...and since we dont carry weapons or ammunition...i carry my hefty 40d with flash mounted and 2 spare lenses in the ammo pouches...fits perfectly oddly enough, also put some red bulls in the pistol magazine pouches, also a perfect fit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:49 pm 
Nice shot barks. I'm digging the idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:57 am 
Cheers Greg, Its a bit of a wierd one and took me ages playing with the lighting underneath the car to pull off what i consider a good shot. Oh and Greg call me Neil i think we can be on first name terms now :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:01 am 
Lol fair enough Neil.

What light did you use by the way? I'm guessing a christas tree light or small night light of sorts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:40 am 
The car is actually designed to be a night light. It was what i used when i was very young to get me off to sleep :D It has been put away for years before i dug it out for this. As it was so old i did not know what bulb to use, luckerly we always keep lots of spares in the house so i tried a few. Two different ones fit but one was WAY to bright so i ended up using the other. I would tell you exactly what it is but since i put it in i cannot actually get it out so im guessing it was not the right bulb to put in after all (wups :? ). When i was experimenting with it i put a little red torch ive got in there i thought it would look good coming out the car lights at the front but it just looked wierd and i couldnt get it where i wanted inside the car because of the bulb i got stuck in there. So in the end i decided to post one of my earlier shots, where i was moving the bulb around inside the car and adjusting the scene to try an maximise the contrast in the shadows. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:29 am 
I was thinking about this one as an alternate submission....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:43 am 

I like the idea, Stig, both for this month's theme and next month's. Would have expected THE STIG in a different car though :D .

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:43 pm 
lol yeah, well it was in at Toyota Tacoma... and you saw how Top Gear couldn't destroy the Toyota Hilux. The truck is Bad-A enough for The Stig.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:17 am 
I wasn't expecting to be the first one to vote, oh well, haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:13 pm 
See what i get for procrastinating....lol

Maybe next month!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:51 pm 
Bob got my vote for this month! The idea he came up with is argueably my favorite type of transport. Nothing better than a good ol' hike :D

Quentin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:04 pm 

Q u e n t i n wrote:
Bob got my vote for this month! The idea he came up with is argueably my favorite type of transport. Nothing better than a good ol' hike :D

Quentin

Hey, thanks. Big hug! 8)

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next