Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:07 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:41 am 
I just recently purchased my first DSLR, a Sony a300. I just wanted to share some pictures I took and would like to get your opinions. These pictures were taken in Downtown LA from my apartment.

Dawn
F9 4sec ISO100 18mm

Night
F5 4sec ISO 100 18mm

Last edited by gamjah on Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:45 am 
Nice pictures gamjah, don't think I could live there though far too busy and noisy I am used to living in the peace and quiet of sleepy Ascot.
Just one thing though could you resize your pictures as they break forum guidelines they should be 1024 at the longest point... cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:29 am 

The first one is a bit over exposed in the sky.. But very nice framing overall.

my Blog
"Photography isn't so much about the results as it is the collective experience, your interactions with people and with the world"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:15 am 
Those are both very nice pictures

Post subject: great job
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:55 am 
those are two very nice pictures! great job
- i only wish i lived near cities like that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:19 am 
Nice shots gamjah :-)

I like the second one the best as it's conveys the night-theme a little more, but both of them interesting.

And whaddaya mean amped_27 - you're not that far from Vancouver in Kamloops, are you? There should be a couple of spots along Howe Street that could give you something similarly metropolitan I would think.

Of course living there is a whole different matter with the insane real-estate prices in BC these days..sheesh..

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:49 am 
on the 1st one, whats going on in the middle, it almost looks like it was a picture that you pasted over...idk how to explain uhh...well theres the street going left from the top right and then it gets cut off right in the middle with a park or something. or am i just crazy... nice pics though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:57 am 
smiles77 wrote:
theres the street going left from the top right and then it gets cut
off right in the middle with a park or something.

I see what you are talking about. What you are seeing is the corner of the glass building.
If you look right at the "cut off point" you can see the reflection of car's and the park.

Nicholas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:16 am 
ohhhhh lol, silly glass buildings

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:43 am 
Thank you for all you input. I loving living in the city, once you get use to all the noise that is. I think I hear sirens every 10-15 mins. Theres always something going on here. Especially filming. Downtown LA is a very popular filming location. OH and here is a picture during the day so you get a better understanding of what my view is like.