Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:13 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:31 pm 
Hi,

I've read you excellent reviews of the D200, D80, A100 and 400D.

First, sorry if this questions has been asked before!

Now, what puzzles me is that the D200 gets a lower image quality score than the D80; 18 for D200 and 20 for D80.
Does this really mean that the D80 has a better image quality than the D200 or is it simply so that I can't compare a score from a review made in January with another one made in September?
Or how should I read this!?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:10 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Fota, welcome to the Cameralabs forums.

When we launched Cameralabs we decided to score products as compared to models targeted at a similar market or price point. That's why you may find a budget compact which scores the same for picture quality as a top-end DSLR. It all depends on what we're comparing it to.

Above the scores for each review you'll see what we're comparing that particular product against. So the D200 scores were compared to mid-range DSLRs, whereas the D80 scores were compared to budget DSLRs.

I hope that makes sense!

As for picture quality, the D200 and D80 are very similar, although the D200 is a much more powerful and flexible camera - you can see the main differences listed in our D80 verdict.

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:15 am 
Gordon Laing wrote:
Hi Fota, welcome to the Cameralabs forums.

When we launched Cameralabs we decided to score products as compared to models targeted at a similar market or price point. That's why you may find a budget compact which scores the same for picture quality as a top-end DSLR. It all depends on what we're comparing it to.

Above the scores for each review you'll see what we're comparing that particular product against. So the D200 scores were compared to mid-range DSLRs, whereas the D80 scores were compared to budget DSLRs.

I hope that makes sense!

As for picture quality, the D200 and D80 are very similar, although the D200 is a much more powerful and flexible camera - you can see the main differences listed in our D80 verdict.

Gordon

That makes sense.

Thanks alot Gordon!