Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:10 pm 
Hi all,
Just looking at the entries for this month and the standard in my opinion is very high. I dont think my one has much hope but the taking part is always fun and it pushes me to learn and try get better.
The concepts that you guys have come up with is unreal. It proves once again that the best camera in the world is useless unless you have the eye to see the shot.
I also like the on assignment topic as it makes you look at your surroundings in a different light and see things that you may normally pass by without a second glance.

Here is a shot that I took last year just about to land in Paris France. Taken with a point and shoot. I know its not brilliant quality but just another aspect of transport.

By the way how come on planes you are not allowed to use a camera whist taking off or landing. These have to be the highlights of the flight

and while I am at it here is one more

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:07 pm 

I am a straggler this month...still elusive..but, I am hopeful that this weekend, will be the breakthru...omg...so many great shots...how are we gonna top this?

only a week to go before this month closes out, and what fun I have had trying to find the "perfect" shot...and look at all of the entries, and all of the places they are from...whoooohooooo! Great work..

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:58 am 
Site Admin

Great entries so far everyone! By the way, we now have a winner for March's Assignment - Chaplainblake has won the contest with an unprecedented 17 votes!

We look forward to learning what May's theme will be in the March comments thread...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:00 am 
Derek, I have got to say that is the most colorful automobile I have ever seen to date.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:28 am 
Congrats! Chaplainblake!! That was a great photo indeed 8)
This month is awesome!
JC: I really like your shadow of the cyclist a lot, it's a great photo, and Yanuch, the taxi at night is really sweet, really well balanced.
And Thomas the boots are great statement...what a cool assignment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:52 am 

yes yes yes, that Chaplain-Blake dida great job...I knew when he posted it, it was gonna be killer!! Great work, and we all can not wait for you to come up with something for the next theme something wonderful, and difficult,...not such an easy task, but we are with ya, and I can hardly wait...

Congrats on a wonderful photograph..
and a well deserved win...I loved it!!

patti

ps... did I happen to tell you that there has not ever been a duck theme for on assignment, and let me tell you mister, don't take it, because when I win, I wanna have a duck in my pocket..

so far, no worries for you guys...I had all the time in the world to come up with something spectacular, and what do I do? Post a dang FENDER. Not even a decent duck...no. A fender. sheesh..what was I thinkin..
Don't hold it against me...I am working on the transportation theme, still.
So don't count me out, yet...I still got a week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:04 am 
Site Admin

Patti, I hope you win one soon, then we can have a duck-themed assignment!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:40 am 

Well, I have got something up my sleeve..(and no it is not a duck(!).

This transportation theme is wild...I love that Bus with all of the colors, and that kid on the skateboard...is one of my favorites..but, as I have said, so many times, the thing that I adore most about these contests, is not that I may ever win, just being able to participate, follow thru with a theme, try to participate, even if it is a fender, not a one of you thought it was junk, and there was not even one of these: :roll: which of course is a plus..(in my book, anyways!!) I enjoy that so many new folks are showing up, and the work they present is of such high caliber, excellence on so many levels. And now we have that little map of Camera Lab-ers, so we can see where our little pins are on the world map.. Who wudda thunk we had so many great lurkers out there..THAT is what I love best. And who wudda thought we all have shots of ducks!! How much fun is that?

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:31 pm 
it was either the pic i chose to submit of the deuce or this pic i took of the STRYKER, which happens to be the only medically kitted one of its kind in CONUS (continental united states), i decided to go with the deuce because this ones kinda...blah...

Last edited by SGT_pictureguy on Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:42 am 

Hey everyone! I posted this "someplace" a couple of hours ago, and then couldn't find it..so if I'm being redundant, please overlook it this time. I'm pretty new to the forum. You all are great, I love your photographs.
I'm a newbie, had my camera for 2 months, and still wading through that wretched manuel, and am still pretty much lost on which setting to use where. . . you know? :oops: Gordon's videos on You Tube are my manuel, basically. I am including my link to Flickr so if you have time to spare and want to give me some constructive criticism, I'm ready.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24545878@N03/Image :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:02 am 

Lensbaby wrote:
Hey everyone! I posted this "someplace" a couple of hours ago, and then couldn't find it..so if I'm being redundant, please overlook it this time....

You can always click on your Profile button and then find all your posts. :idea:

EDIT: There is also the View your posts link on the forum front page.
Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Last edited by Bob Andersson on Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:38 pm 

Ah-hah. :roll: Geez Louise, learning is such great fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:12 pm 
The closing date is near and I've yet to think of anything. :( I think I'll sit this one out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:15 pm 

Graham, I hope you go out this weekend, and find something wonderful, I always enjoy your work. "it ain't over til it's over". still have a few days left...I am hopeful that this weekend presents itself the way I would like.

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:00 pm 
I dont believe it Patti you now have me following ducks around trying to take pics of them. Just spotted some while I was driving around and I was out of the van with camera in hand before I knew what was happening :D
They are elusive little things arent they.

Well done to Chaplain on his winning last month by the way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next