Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:16 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: morning espresso
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:24 am 
Everymorning i kinda sleep walk my way to the espresso machin to make a double espresso which i can drink while i m reading the paper before breakfast! I love drinking my espresso and its something i do 3 times a day morning, afternoon and after dinner...its just one my rituals so to speak!

This morning the lightning in the kitchen was just fantastic so i had to take a shot of my morning espresso..

Can you taste in your mouth (because i can i just had one) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:32 am 
Nice shot....... but the cup is leaning to the left and a little too much area above the cup...... have you tried a shot higher with a wider lens.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:46 am 
Didnt notice that, might have been the postioning of my camera. Good spotting!

I tired shotting from higher but the lightning wasnt as good from that angel some how, but i will se what i can do to recover that in PP now, so just give me a few moments and i will play around with that for a moment. I dont have a wider lens BP, i just got my kit lens 18-55..and shot at 55m to increase the blurring so to speak

EDIT: played around with the other shot a bit, but it wasnt as good as this one from the begging so i m trashing it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:31 am 
55mm is a short tele lens....... try at different focal lengths, say 30mm, 20mm and 18mm...... by going higher and looking down will get rid of some background if you place the cup closer to the front of the bench

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:54 am 
Looks great! I think, like Big Pix has already said, that it would benefit from a higher angle. That way, you can see more of the coffee.

Coffee at 5.30pm while watching How I Met Your Mother is one of my daily rituals. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:04 pm 
Haha! Man you crack me up some times graham!

*OFF TOPIC - Is that show any good, the new scrubs has just been released*

back on track again..

i will shoot this some other time, the sun is bad now and its not time for my afternoon coffe just yeat :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:50 pm 
Natural lighting huh? I still think that looks the best. I use the wait whole days in between attempts just to get the right lighting. Now that I have my flash I don't really bother anymore, I think I'm slipping into a bad habit here.

Don't wanna take this off topic so I pm-ed you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:36 pm 

alex168 wrote:
Haha! Man you crack me up some times graham!

*OFF TOPIC - Is that show any good, the new scrubs has just been released*

back on track again..

i will shoot this some other time, the sun is bad now and its not time for my afternoon coffe just yeat :)

Woah, new scrubs? no one told me this, didn't they stop making that show like 2 years ago?

sorry about the off topic, but its scrubs?

also alex, your image is good, I too would like to actually see the coffee. Also in a lot of food photography they PP in some steam.

my Blog
"Photography isn't so much about the results as it is the collective experience, your interactions with people and with the world"