Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: My Eldest
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:53 pm 
Just a candid shot of my eldest taken earlier today, she has been exhausted after her first sleep over with friends and they did not get to sleep until after 1AM, normally it's difficult to get her to go to bed, however, tonight she was in her PJ's and laying on the floor in her sleeping bag that she took to her friends by 6:30...

Yes she is the one in my avatar, she loves rollercoasters and both my wife and I hate them - strangely I always draw the short straw!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:21 am 

oh, Mark, she is stunningly beautiful...you let her ride those rolly coasters, and pray she is not the type to let go of the bar. Although, I see it in her eyes, she probably will....What a gorgeous portrait, and the colors, take my breath away. better then the ducks, by a million times.
Thanks for putting this on the Lab for us...outstanding work, all the way around.

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:21 pm 
Thank you Patti, she is a lovely child such a nice temperament and very cuddly and caring, her sister on the other hand whilst still a wonderful gift has a crafty streak in her and is always up to mischief :)

Charlotte read your comments and walked around with a wonderful smile for quite a while, she asked me to say thank you.

I will try and get a portrait of them both later today

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:39 pm 

And I will be checking the Labs all day long...just to not miss this. I have two daughters as well, and as with your girls, both are as different as can be..digital (and computers) were not around when they were young...so my sad self has not one photo as outstanding as this..

You are one lucky man to be shepherding such wonderful girls. Nice to know, they are in good hands, and it shows...sleep overs are fun!!

Will wait on the next series..tho it will be next to impossible to top this one, in my opinion...

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:34 am 
Great shot. I think that there are only two things that can make or break portraits of kids and that is the eye's and how they smile.
You sir have captured both. For me tho- - I think her eye's stand out the best.
Job well done.

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:40 am 
Thank you Nick much appreciated :)

Patti, sorry I didn't get around to taking anymore pics that evening and we went away for the weekend, but here are 2 of my youngest that I am really pleased with.

In this shot she was at a fairground on a horse ride, I had one chance at the shot and it was the only place to take a picture without lots of unwanted background, so pleased with how it came out, she looks a bit bedraggled as we had been on a very windy beach all morning :)

In this one she was on a slide at our camp site, I used EV: -1 to try and get some sky detail, fill flash from the cameras built in flash unit and was laying on the floor (got some very strange looks! :twisted: )

Thanks for looking

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:48 am 

oh, my heart.

gorgeous girls...reminds me of me at that age...bedraggled, ready for the world..anything for a horse, that excitement...that sureness that little girls have...the promise of tomorrows beauty...it is all there, in your baby girls...stolen moments that your camera will remind you of, you will be so glad..over the years..these will become more treasured..

Shepherd them well, no matter what, you will always be their first hero...

thank you so much for putting these shots up..what a blessing.

patti