Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:38 pm 
I have to agree..... Elephants, now that was a shock Great idea SSB and i like the composition.
I also like peted's photo and the idea behind it which he has carried off especially well - I love photo's with great stories and ideas behind them :D .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:01 pm 
Thanks for the welcome and the feedback guys.

I crossed over from 35mm 2 days ago when I picked up my new 450D, so there's going to be lots of learning to come.....

I've seen some great shots on here in the last few days and look forward to seing plenty more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:01 am 
Thanks, patti & Barnsey313! It was only my 2nd day out with my new D60, bought it just in time for my holiday! i'm happy to hear barnsey313 likes the composition hehe its a big compliment for a complete newbie :oops:

now if only i can figure out why photoshop CS2 won't show me the info on aperture and shutter speed :evil: i read somewhere that it could be a bug in my CS2 or my camera model is not saving that info in a place where CS2 knows how/where to retrieve it from...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:39 am 
....... but the Bridge in CS2 will.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:23 am 

you will like the Bridge, it is pretty neat...try it, if you have not done so yet...BP is right on the money with that advice.

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:17 am 
Same in Adobe Bridge CS3™

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:51 am 
ok, i didnt know about Bridge until now :oops: (thanks for teaching me that!) but unfortunately, it doesn't show the shutter speed and aperture either :( the details in Bridge's 'File Info' are the same as the details i see in the CS2 'File Info'. I must confess, i've never used CS2 until this week.. so maybe i'm doing something wrong?? i'll try to google for more info later

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:00 pm 
SSB wrote:
unfortunately, it [bridge] doesn't show the shutter speed and aperture either :(

hmmm - that seems odd. Bridge shows all of that information for me :shock: . I wonder if you might need to tweak your settings a bit?? Maybe someone else can help you there because I'm new to the program too.

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:17 pm 
hehe i have absolutely no idea at this point.. everything's so new to me and there seems sooo much to learn (not that i'm complaining :wink: i love trying new things). i've found a few great photoshop tutorial sites, i wonder if they have any info on something as basic as metadata haha i'll check out the sites later, or maybe search thru the photoshop help files

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:21 pm 
.......open image in bridge and look at the " Metadata " on the left side......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:44 pm 

Great shot 190489, I have followed British motorsport for many years, mainly rallying, so I know how hard it is to capture such an image. Well done from a newcomer GCJ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:21 pm 
man i'm having a hard time working out this assignment, bur everybody else seems to be doing fine, nice work!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:09 pm 

Hi Podgeorge,
Hope you weren't as dizzy as I am but good shot. Recently looked at Westfields myself but am finding it hard to give up creature comforts.
regards GCJ 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:25 pm 
HS wrote:
man i'm having a hard time working out this assignment, bur everybody else seems to be doing fine, nice work!!

Haha HS, im just gonna bung a random photo ive taken this month and make it fit the titles personally. I'd rather submit something I think is decent that can fit the title, rather than take something thats poor quality just to fit the title better. :P :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:03 pm 

I've got to say folks, the standard this month is outstanding! A pat on the back to everyone so far. This site sure is booming. Excellent.

Podgeorge - can I say, as a car nut I Hate You.

Sorry, couldn't help myself :oops:

Zorro 8)

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next