Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:34 pm 
Good theme lads!

I m going to try REALLY hard on this one...REALLY hard :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:40 pm 
Sooo............ did we agree on a level of post proccessing?
and if we are doing single shots or are collages ok?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:09 pm 
post proccessing not allowed :O i think it should no matter how much ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:51 am 

YAY for all the new poster submissions, am in awe of the talent..love the flowers, and the bike, and the train tracks, anchor spectacular!! Just as impressed with the olympic torch, and the boats by the dock...I see I'm gonna have to sharpen my skills to keep up with you guys. This is only April 3rd, and already the competition is keen. I was gonna just post an old truck again, but, am tired of that, and need to search...and stretch...have been working on some other things, but they have not turned out as well as these 6 entries...back to the drawing board...

Tsutsuji, I feel the same way, just having a photo that is CLW, is the best...

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:20 am 
Site Admin

I'm happy for there to be post processing so long as you tell us in the post. And collages are also fine by me.

BUT the final word goes to the person who set the theme, so zrmi, do you have any strong feelings for or against? If we don't hear from you, we'll assume it's ok.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:24 pm 
I changed my picture and i know it is not allowed but i found another picture by in my folder that is taken at the same location and time as the one before. I didn't think at first that it was good but when i opened it in Photoshop i fell in love with it.

If you guys think it's okay i would be really happy but if it's not i will of course change it back!v :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:07 pm 

Hi Tsutsuji,

Sorry. I have a lot of sympathy but the rules clearly state:
    You're also only allowed to submit one image, and you can't change you mind once it's posted!
Please change it back to your original submission. If we start making exceptions chaos will break loose as members start to change submissions in the light of other entries.

Hey, you never know, your original submission might get more votes than the new one!

Bob

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:45 pm 
Maybe you should resize you're picture a bit lslbrian :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:58 pm 
Understood Bob!

I'll change it back. Sorry for the fuzz :lol:

Next time i'll think for a bit longer before i post my image.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:08 am 
Gordon Laing wrote:
I'm happy for there to be post processing so long as you tell us in the post. And collages are also fine by me.

BUT the final word goes to the person who set the theme, so zrmi, do you have any strong feelings for or against? If we don't hear from you, we'll assume it's ok.

Hmm..how does this work, I wonder?

Converting a color-image to B&W would rank as "heavy" post-processing in my book, for example. It's a more image-changing color-change than saturation or even a color-shift.

Cropping x-percent off the original image could be considered post-processing. In fact any and all changes after it's on the card - whether it's done with the in-camera features or with Photoshop is post-processing.

In fact, any settings other than RAW could be considered post-processing unless there is an "as shot"-setting on the camera (Canon only I believe).

Everyone's threshold for post-processing is different and ultimately personal. Heck, a "purist" might believe that changing the white-balance on an image after it has hit the card as RAW is post-processing.

I don't mean to harp on it, but the way I perceive it, wouldn't it have to be an "all or nothing" proposition. Either post-processing is strictly off-limits, including any and all sorts or it's "free for all"?

If we have a less than perfectly clear definition, we risk that someone puts a lot of effort into an image and then end up not following the rules because they are not clear and open to interpretation. That might be a needless disappointing experience.

Perhaps I am asking because I fear that I myself would probably cross an invisibly line unintentionally or do others wonder about this, the same way I do?

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:22 am 

Ohhh snappp!!!

First thing that came to mind as soon as I saw a bycicle picture...

Cartier-Bresson - the decisive moment

As seen here, Image

[hotlinking allowed? if not ill host it somewhere]

dang...ill find something.

The Tyre one was really nice too, lighting seemed great!

Cactus V2s Wireless Trigger - 5 x Cactus V2s Wireless Reciever

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:12 am 
Sorry for not giving any reply..I am quite busy with my study last week..I am agree with Gordon..I'm fine for the post processing as long as you tell us in the post. I guess everybody will do the post processing..it's just a matter that you do a simple post processing (exposure control, crop, saturation) or more complex post processing (collage, hdr, filter on photoshop, etc.)..the important thing is to be able to portray the theme..anyway, I just post mine..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:46 am 
zrmi: you used a D50 instead of your D80 for the assignment, what's the story?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:34 am 
I just got my d50 last week..I bought it for about $400 NZ dolar(it was a second hand camera)..I thought of giving it as a present to my dad later..the photo I took for the assignment was one of my first tries using that d50..and d50 was not bad at all..and what I like about d50 is I can use old nikon lense (without DX) especially my 50mm f1.8..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:06 pm 
I have a very touching picture in my collection to bad it's not taken this month.

wish i could go back and take it again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next