Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:26 am 

Wondered where you were, Defiance. Will wait for the next month, to see what you come up with...should be pretty good, lots of activity, and all of these new friends, are bound to join us!! I think you have something up your sleeve already for next months assignment, I can see you plotting it right now...can't wait...

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:28 am 
patti wrote:
Wondered where you were, Defiance. I think you have something up your sleeve already for next months assignment, I can see you plotting it right now...can't wait...

patti

Hehe :lol: and it might or might not be a train picture :twisted:

Post subject: Thread split
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:39 pm 

Hi folks,

For those who want to continue the discussion about Banner Ads etc. please head on over to the thread Banner Ads and CameraLabs.

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:31 pm 
Blake, your entry is by no means "inadequate". I've enjoyed looking at it, and combined with your courage to share, you could have my vote this month.

Now as for not composing it...you may have a natural eye.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:56 pm 
alex, were you referring to my shot about the sun?

:) that's not spain, that's southern california. although, granted, we have a very mediterranean climate here as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:02 pm 

I like Blakes shot very much as well :) I think the choice for black and white makes a lot of sense here as well... Nice job!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:45 pm 
b. wrote:
alex, were you referring to my shot about the sun?

:) that's not spain, that's southern california. although, granted, we have a very mediterranean climate here as well.

naah i was refering to the shot of the flower that you posted, just reminds me of espana. I consider myself spanish my too my freind, i spend at least a few months in the regio close to Almunecar/Motril everysummer, been doign it for 8 years now. did i tell u i lived in madrid for 6 :P

Great shots everyone so far, enjoying them! its going to be an intresting vote this time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:51 pm 
alex168 wrote:
Great shots everyone so far, enjoying them! its going to be an intresting vote this time!

Are you implying it wasn't interesting enough in the past? :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:14 am 
This news just in...

National Geographic is preparing to file for a cease-and-desist order on Camera Labs, in response to the increasingly popular On Assignment feature.

Mr Smith, attorney for the plaintiffs, claimed: "my clients are deeply distressed at this situation and this particular day felt to them as being the right time to take decisive action; it's our idea and you can't steal it!"

So enjoy while you can. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:30 am 
luis wrote:
This news just in...

National Geographic is preparing to file for a cease-and-desist order on Camera Labs, in response to the increasingly popular On Assignment feature.

Mr Smith, attorney for the plaintiffs, claimed: "my clients are deeply distressed at this situation and this particular day felt to them as being the right time to take decisive action; it's our idea and you can't steal it!"

Boo hoo. Oh wait. I wonder what today's date is... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:32 am 
Site Admin

I hope it's an April Fool!

As we're now in April 1st, that means the submissions for March are now closed!

Look out for our poll and a new thread for April's Assignment!

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:08 am 
Well all I can say is there is only one clear winner, the photo actually relates to time, its creative, isnt a photo "of" a clock, although manages to create one out of something the person saw, as opposed to creating a clock out of something they made, and isnt a photo with the word time in it. Well what can I say, I didnt submit anything for the simple reason that I wasnt up to the challenge of finding something. But anyway, I voted for hilly144. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:27 am 

fifty four!!!! whoohooo. I know who I am voting for, but I am gonna save it for a day or two...need to go look at em all again...this means all the lurkers need to hurry up and vote...and then get in here and submit for april's theme...thanks to zrmi, for the theme, and thanks to big pix for last months doings...

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:19 am 
luis wrote:
This news just in...

This was of course meant as an April fools' joke. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:07 am 
Photoj wrote:
Are you implying it wasn't interesting enough in the past? :p

That is correct :P, i just didnt knw there was a voting session afterwards till 2 days ago when i discovered it!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next