Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:01 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:10 am 
Site Admin

Hi everyone, hot on the heels of our Lumix TZ5 review is one of the new Lumix FX35 compact - successor to the FX33 and also known as the FX36 in Asia, Australia and NZ.

Read all about it here!

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Panas ... FX35_FX36/

Gordon

PS - note, some of the modes and features are identical to the TZ5, so those portions of the review are also the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:03 pm 
thnx for the review ;;; its very good as usual .. and the camera is nice too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:47 am 
Site Admin

Thanks! It is a really nice compact...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:18 pm 
Yea, Gordon thanks for the review, it was great. But i am just wondering, is it because of the new lens, cause it seems that Tz5 produce images that are less noisy and some what sharper compared to fx35.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:28 pm 
Site Admin

Hi James, I believe they're the same chip inside - it's just that the TZ5 only uses 9 of the 10 Mpixels because of its optical design. So I'd expect the noise levels to be potentially the same, but yes, there do appear to be some differences - maybe down to processing. As for the sharpness, this again could be a combo of processing and the different lenses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:39 am 
hi Gordon, just one last question about compacts. I've just ordered the sd870is, but now looking at the features of the tz5 and general quality of the image and use, would you recommend getting the tz5 over the 870is? Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:28 am 
Site Admin

Tough call, both are great cameras... Personally I think I'd probably be seduced by the bigger optical range and HD recording of the TZ5 though myself (even with the latter's limitations). The 860 / 870 is a great camera though and arguably delivers slightly better image quality - it's certainly still well worth having and that's why it's still in our best buys - btw we'll be popping the TZ5 in there as soon as there's more suppliers...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:41 pm 
Hi, about the hd movie recording of the fx35 or tz5, you mentioned that a dedicated camcorder takes better quality movies. Are you implying that the non HD camcorder can take better qualites than these two cameras?

And on another note, for the assignment of the month, do i just take pictures of that theme and than submit it?

Thanks