Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:40 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: I love urban landscape
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:52 am 
I love urban landscape shots. I love the mix of the green and the grey. However, I have a lot of difficulty with these shots (well I have difficulty with lots of shots, but these in particular). It just seems there so much that goes on in nature alone.. and a lot in cities... and when you mix the two, it's a busy mess. I don't exactly know what subject to focus on. I just snapped these in hope of getting a frame around something nice and in good composition taste. (mind you, if i find the rule of thirds constricting, i throw it out the window).

So if you have tips, please let me know!! Thanks in advance~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:57 am 
Site Admin

I really like the low angle of the third one...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:10 am 

Could that third shot be a close up of a train track? Beautiful work, aruxaru...
These are pretty special. On the train tracks one, what were your settings? I think you really nailed it on that one!

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:46 am 

I'll vote for number three too, great shot.

Zorro 8)

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:30 am 
@Gordon: Thanks for the comment!

@Patti: Yup that is a railtrack that is no longer being used. It's a popular path for walks nowadays. I like the rustic feel of it. My settings on the P5000 were 0.005 seconds at f/5.4. The white balance was on auto, but didn't really suit the overcast sky too well. I did a little bit of contrast and color work in PP. Thanks for your compliment!!

@Zorro: Thank you!! Gives me encouragement!

If you guys have pointers on how the other two could have been improved, I'd love to hear it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:09 am 

I'd say the first two are too contrasty. The whites are too white. Composition-wise I think they're good, I'm just not a fan of portrait oriented landscapes. They're all good shots though.

Zorro 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:56 am 
Maybe those shots are bit ovexposed :O but some good one but compostion of the last one is really nice! good job.

when you say urban landscape do you mean where the city meats the nature? becuase when i read urban i tend ot think of skyscrapers bigger buildings, streets concrete :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:08 am 

alex168 wrote:
Maybe those shots are bit ovexposed :O but some good one but compostion of the last one is really nice! good job.

when you say urban landscape do you mean where the city meats the nature? becuase when i read urban i tend ot think of skyscrapers bigger buildings, streets concrete :P

Depends where you live mate. Urban for me is three cottages and a pub :lol:

Zorro 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:43 pm 
@alex: ah sorry! I actually meant to write urban nature scenery. Just you know, how you can find trees or flowers in everyday city life. How it just kinda stands out even if it looks ordinary. I love that stuff :D