Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:24 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: A Bit Abstract
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:40 pm 
Well i got back home from the gym today and was sitting reading my book (Catcher in the Rye, read it like 5 times really recomend it, great novel) and i couldnt stop thinking about photgraphy and this new style that i m trying to go for. The weather was really bad and i wasnt in the mood of going out so i decedide to set up a lill Studio

Here the set up:
-A bunch of A4 pappers on the wall on the desk and one inbetween to even out the background.
-A few ikea lamps that i have for reading (spotlight style)
-Camera
-SB-600 now i juts love it, Its truley a beast and works REALLY nice for this type of "home made stuido"

Lets start out a bit sentimental:
"Family and Life"

"Bring me back"

"Love and **** ME!" (censoured the title)

A bit diffrent from what your used to see around here

Comments are more then welcome, and ig you any questions about the images dont hesistate to ask

Shooting general info for the images:
ISO: 100
F/5.6 (Appreture Priority Mode)
EV: 0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:42 pm 
Update: This was taken just a few minutes ago

This is a very great shot i think, how did i managed to make it this way wihtout using photohop? well the colour and contrast where subjected to a post processing but the over all ghost effect wasnt. I shot it with manual, shutter speed of 8seconds plus the SB 600, as i have told my SB to keep on firing of rays it grabes the fist image and then i shot the camera against the mirro creating the cloudy effect but mainting the main subject relativly sharp

"Free Territory"

This shot was taken infront of the projector/tv that we have at home the room was pitch blacked bumped the shutter to 10seconds and this is what i got (manual mode again) no flash. It seemsed as if the main colour was given of by the reflection of the projector screen, bupmed the contrast a bit and add the neat tag, my new thing to this abstract art :P

"Fare I Take You"

i m enjoying taking these kinds of shot and SERIOUSLY thinking of putting the Sigma 10-20 on hold and getting the 50mm f/1.8, running into some cash flow problems (more like i got a few trips lined up)

I would love to read some reaction, ppl just check this thread and dont give me any comments back which is a bummer :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:57 am 

Alex...these are pretty cool...how hard are these type shots to set up?

patti.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:48 am 
The only shots that i set up here was the first 3 ones, the rest was just playing around laying on the floor and placning the objects and pretty much trying out new things.

To making the "studio" its really easy took maybe 2minutes, it was harder for me to deciedide the angel that i wanted to take the shot from.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:54 pm 
Got some more shots today or at least one more!

"Cheap Stuff": i call it this becaue the dollar has been very cheap the past few weeks and my freind had some laying around in his house so i grabed a shot with it with the SB 600 (i go no where without it now). The dollar used to be 10sek for 1 now its about 6 for 1...THATS ALMOST 50% OF!

Last edited by alex168 on Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:34 pm 
Love the exposure on "Love and **** ME!" and "Bring me back". Good job! Much post-processing on those?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:35 pm 
Well yeah there has been alot of post processing, but only colour and saturation wise so to speak the white is always white!

What i been doing to most of these images is playing around with the colour or RGB curve if you will, messing around with them non stop really layer after layer, the "Love and **** ME!" image was givena litte extra shaprening at the end to make it look a bit grungy. It takes time with theses images but i m starting to understand the RGB curve alot now, i knw when i tweak it what will happen at least more or less

check my flickr, you can see how that "Bring me Back" image looked before post processing you will note that there is quite a diffrence

What i m trying to say with these images are feeling that are going through me at the time of the shot and what i often experinece and things that i want to share.