Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:26 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:32 am 
Hello to all...

I have a great doubt...

I understood that the lenses KM/Sony DT and Sigma AD for sensor APC-S in Alpha 100 had the focal range that indicated the lens, ejem: DT 18-70 or DC 10-20mm and the lenses fullframe in the cameras with sensor APC-S they should be multiplied by the crop factor of 1.5X.

But in a forum that approves you they do indicate that all, DT, DC and FF should be multiplied, is it this way??

Excuse my english...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:11 am 
Site Admin

Hi Alex, yes any lens you attach to the KM or Sony bodies will effectively have its focal length mutliplied by 1.5 times. This is because of the sensor size. It applies to ALL lenses.

DT just means it will ONLY work on a DSLR. DT lenses don't work on 35mm or full frame bodies.

DT lenses are still multiplied by 1.5 times though.

Hope that helps!

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:49 am 
Ok, had a missed concept, I thought that the DT or AD lenses were not multiplied by 1.5X.

But these can be used in cameras with FF sensor??

Why if they are are they multiplied by 1.5X a sensor FF they don't fill?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:51 am 
Site Admin

Alex, there's two things to remember:

1: DT lenses can ONLY work on cropped frame bodies like the A100. They will NOT work on full frame bodies.

2: ANY lens you attach to the A100 will effectively be multiplied by 1.5 times whether it's designed for a full-frame camera or not. This applies to ALL lenses.

Full frame bodies may not multiply the focal length of lenses, but they need lenses designed for full-frame use - DT models will not work.

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:49 pm 
Thank you Gordon has taken me out of the shades...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:02 pm 
What do you say of the carl zeiss DT 16-80mm??

It is very in fashion a new lens and this in the forums, their focal distance of 16-80 (24-120mm in A100) makes it very appreciable to leave some eyeglasses and alone to carry one.
The quality Carl Zeiss is excellent, but its price is very high, around $650.
Other Carl Zeiss, 135mm f/1.8 and the 85mm on they pass the $1000.

What do you say of this...??

I am contemplating to acquire this Carl Zeiss and this way to leave my Minolta 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 and 28mm f/2.8 and to wait to see if a new Carl Zeiss super wide angle zoom with great opening or to go for Sony DT 11-18mm f/4.5-5.6.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:52 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Alex, I am also excited about the CZ 16-80mm lens.

We will be revieweing it as soon as Sony gets one to us.

I can't comment on it until then though!

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:17 am 
I am glad to know you to analyze this lens, I will wait this way the publication before go to buy it.

Do you have some analysis of the KM/Sony AF DT 11-18mm f/4.5-5.6??

Thank Gordon...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:47 am 
Site Admin

Hi Alex, I'm afraid I have not tested the 11-18mm...

Sorry!

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:13 pm 
I have actually tested my kit lens (18-70mm) on a Dynax 5000i and it works ok down to 24mm, after that the image vignettes but it is possible to use a DT on a FF body.

I would be surpised if Sony released a DT wide prime if they plan on pursuing FF bodies. It sounds more reasonable if they were to make a fast 24mm og re-release the 28mm f2 for the high end market. ZA version of one of those would be nice if they don't overprice it like they do with some of their lenses now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:25 pm 
As I have been able to read the 16-80mm serious a 24-80mm in a FF and not this anything bad.

I also read that CZ hopes to throw a new super wild angle with great diaphragm opening, but it is not known if it is or not a DT...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:51 pm 
alexramos wrote:
As I have been able to read the 16-80mm serious a 24-80mm in a FF and not this anything bad.

I also read that CZ hopes to throw a new super wild angle with great diaphragm opening, but it is not known if it is or not a DT...

24mm on FF compares to 16mm on APS but I think it might be too expensive to lose zoom range. I have read that the build quality is not up to Zeiss standards on the 16-80mm but i would be nice if they sent a copy to Camera Labs!

Sounds good if ZA would make a fast wide prime but personally I hope it will be a FF lens without saying that FF is better since people are mixed on that subject.