Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:17 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:44 am 
Site Admin

I agree, there's some realy great shots there and it's proving hard to decide who to vote for!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:38 am 
As 'im typing, 71 votes! is this a new record?

btw thanks for your vote nick!

Quentin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:50 pm 

well, I know what it is like to be a lurker...and to try and learn a new camera, a new tecnique...I just came from the land of point and shoot..have wielded the 40d for two months...leanrning, failing, picking that camera up every time I hit the door...noticing the play of light, in ways I did not notice before..admiring photos now for their composition, their lighting, their impact...each one teaching me more, about the camera, and much more about the mind behind the lens...what do you see? what do you choose? how do you make it work? willing to risk critique, putting ego aside...to teach in ways you never dreamed..I know there are lurkers out there that would put my work to shame...and I am hopeful that this surge in the CLW shots is just the beginning of their steps towards excellence. Til then, climb in the boat next to me, you lurkers, and looky loos, and we will give it our best shot.

patti

Post subject: We have a winner!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:09 am 

Hi folks,

It's my turn to declare that the poll has now closed for February's "On Assignment".

The winner is zrmi with 13 votes. Congratulations - you now have the onerous task of choosing the topic for April. Please reply to this thread to let us know what you've chosen before March 31st! 8)

The runners up were Photoj and patti in joint second place with 11 votes each and zorro just missed a place on the podium. Congratulations to everyone who took part.

Bob.

P.S. Don't forget that the March assignment only has a little over one more week to run!

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject: Thank you
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:10 am 
hi guys..thanks for choosing me as the winner for February assignment..as for next month's theme, please give me two or three days to choose the theme..once I've decided the theme, I'll post it here..cheers!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:20 am 
Nicely done zrmi - congratulations, it is well deserved :-)

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:32 am 

yay!!! Zrmi...congrats on capturing that great photo, just a fun loving wonderful shot...good on everyone who submitted their work for this one, too. and the March contest...I can't wait to see you there...and see what everyone comes up with we have such a great start on it..
The way I see it, if you voted, you participated...so we have lots and lots of activity.

Good goin Zrmi!!!!

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:54 pm 

Congrats Zrmi! Well deserved!
can't wait to see what the next theme will be :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:33 pm 
Great job Zrmi!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:05 pm 
Well deserved Zrmi. Looking forward to seeing what you're going to challenge us all to in April.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:53 pm 

Well done mate. A worthy winner.

Zorro 8)

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:03 am 
This is hard "topic" if you ask me, i had the idea of shootig the so called Turning Torso in malmö (google it, its an amazing looking buliding) but everytime i get soo confused and i dont really knw what to choose from, when i think of Time i think of soo many things, i was planning to get a shot of my grandfather, my father and my brother but it didnt really work out! so time for me is anything really

But i do love the cartoon flow Zrmi has for this one, the best one so far, and those TIME magazines is a really nice shot, not to mention Ed (Photoj) shot with that couple talking to each other enjoying themselfs!

So far great shots everyone, thanks for putting "time" into it and keep em coming

just gotta get my PS working and i will be posting my shot soon hopefully before the month ends!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:39 am 
Congratulations Zrmi ! :)

Post subject: April's theme
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:40 am 
Hi guys..sorry for taking such a long time to decide the next month's theme..i just came back from my holiday..I've decided on the theme for next month..the theme is "transportation"..it is up to you interpret the theme..it can be a car, bus, ship, or even a horse..good luck!!

Post subject: Re: April's theme
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:13 am 
zrmi wrote:
Hi guys..sorry for taking such a long time to decide the next month's theme..i just came back from my holiday..I've decided on the theme for next month..the theme is "transportation"..it is up to you interpret the theme..it can be a car, bus, ship, or even a horse..good luck!!

Great Theme zrmi that will be right up my street, just ask patti :twisted:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next