Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:55 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:37 pm 
patti wrote:
Can't wait to see who wins...if it happens to fall in my favor, I am going to choose one of the already suggested themes

suggested themes?? i missed out on that, what are they?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:16 pm 

HS, over the months, we have all come up with things we would like to see as a theme, and the rule as per Gordon, Bob, et al. is that the person who has won the months prior On Assignment, gets to pick the theme for the next month...Big Pix, picked this month's theme for us.
BP won the "love" theme, so he choose for this month...there is a thread around here somewhere where suggestions have been posted over the months, just "in case" one of us might win...whoo hoo...

let me go see if I can find it..ok, here ya go...look under "on Assignment", and there is a sticky note that says Suggestions for theme..
and there are some good ones in there, too...makes you think about things a little different. I thought that Drazen's theme would be a cinch, but it was really hard for me...lol...glad I caught that sail boat. go check out the "suggestions" deal...

see ya.

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:26 pm 
thanks everyone for the supportive words but i truly humbled by the competition, Paukl hat's off to you mate well done! and everybody else for that matter...i find myself logging in not to see where i stand in the running but whats been submitted by others and such...keep it up everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:01 am 

As long as whoever wins makes the next topic "Bloody Big Trees In The Middle Of Nowhere" I'm happy :lol:

Zorro 8)

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:41 am 
My town is in the middle of nowhere, and we have lots of tress. Does that count Zorro or does that need to be just one tree?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:28 am 

The question is - are you going to win?

Zorro 8)

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:40 am 

SGT_pictureguy,
"i find myself logging in not to see where i stand in the running but whats been submitted by others and such...
welcome to the club! I found this forum when I was looking for which camera to buy, but since I've found the forum I've been checking in several times a day just to see what the other users were submitting.
I'm starting to think this photo-competition was just what the forum needed. I can't wait to see what next months theme will be!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:33 am 
Sorry guys...... I had to edit my pix due to the fact that it was the wrong size and up side down........ let me know if this is OK, if not I will delete said post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:44 am 
BP - - - Looks fine to me. Did you make this with a fork??

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:28 am 

Big Pix wrote:
Sorry guys...... I had to edit my pix due to the fact that it was the wrong size and up side down........ let me know if this is OK, if not I will delete said post

No problem. There's a world of difference between correcting a posting mistake and submitting a new picture! 8)

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:27 pm 
I was running out of "time" (sorry) to get mine in... so i took the first one i could think of..... its been a busy month with Protesters and such that i didt have the time.....

wish me better luck next month ! :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:47 pm 
Nick12984 wrote:
BP - - - Looks fine to me. Did you make this with a fork??

Nick

Lol i looked at this and was like what in the world is that.. and then i looked closer and i realized what was going on and said to myself.. well i think he used a fork.. big pix would do something like this.. :D But i love the pic very nice job!! its cool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:12 pm 
" :wink: "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:23 pm 

i like bigpix' too
very nice abstract image :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:22 am 
jsut to share some of my attempts with photoshop this evening whlist wishing I had Lurked a bit longer lol

Brilliant site and forum, Has brought me in 3 months what would have taken me 3 years to even have considered trying

Love all the entries in the competition The Fruit Clock does it for me , How do you think of something like that??

Here is a pic that I took while my brain was still into taking Time Photos and keeping me in photographic mode for a month

This was taken with a Cannon 400d with standard lense at full zoom with no tripod so you can see a lot of grain in it

Kind thought it carried a lot of the Time subject that we are on at the minute.
The ship itself laying at anchor waiting until her nautral battery, that is the moon eases the drag of gravity and the on the vessel waiting to be freed and roam carelessly where she should be, at home in the open ocean. Waiting her time to be unleashed
In the background ( totally by a fluke ) are three fields seperated by a crop that was harvested at a certain time prcisely by a man, who was also chainedby time, however not by the ever rising waters of the world or a clock but by the forces of the weather so the fields on either side could be nourishedand fertillise each other Take with that the cliffs and erosion that has shaped our world and then for my fourth effort is the name of the Vessel
The Arklow Sand . Everything that lives has these sand drawing from it and know that the last grain will come for us all
All BRIBES FOR VOTES MAY BE EMAILED TO ME :evil: :twisted:

Last edited by Fairground on Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next