Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:21 pm 

yeah, Cross_Lane, I can see it!!!

way cool.....

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:25 pm 
Gordon Laing wrote:
Thomas18 - I really like your snowy shot - sometimes it can be surprisingly hard to capture snow falling as you remember seeing it, but it certainly looks like a blizzard there!

Thanks! We were all hoping for a snow day, but didn't get one. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:28 pm 
Very much snow is coming down in Stockholm right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:24 pm 

Thomas18, I enjoyed the snow scene, spring has sprung here, in So Cal...taking my camera out today for an outting...whoooohooooo!!! Gosh dang there are some real contenders, and I know that there are some lurkers who are waiting to spring it on us...still almost two weeks to go...sheesh...anticipation, and what a great theme for the month...so many ways to go. And that little Ormina and b. have yet to post entries...hmmmmmmmm.

Can't wait to see what you lurkers come up with....

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:45 am 
Mine is still in the planning stage, I know exactly what I want to do it's just finding the time to get out and do it, I hope my idea comes to fruition all I will say at the moment is..... there will not a clock, watch or sundial within miles of it :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:24 am 

oh, c'mon Roy. Just one little hint. And hurry up....I can't wait!! I love all of these new posters, and lurkers, and just having so much fun with the new ideas...still a ways to go until the end, I am hoping we have 40 or more entrants this time, and keep building on it...such a challenge, and so much fun!!

patti

Last edited by patti on Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:28 pm 
patti wrote:
oh, c'mon Roy. Just one little hint. And hurry up....I can't wait!! I love all of these new posters, and lurkers, and just having so much fun with the new ideas...still a ways to go until the end, I am hoping we have 40 or more intrants this time, and keep building on it...such a challenge, and so much fun!!

patti

yea the "on Assignment" thing is pretty fun. Give people a hance to flex their creative muscle. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:55 pm 

ferrari_fx wrote:
wow..everyone..these pictures are very good.
well done everyone...keep up the great work.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:40 pm 

paukl...way scary one!! That skull what is that? love the composition, and the thought that went into that...the candles with the perfect drip, the little dice at the bottom...the ruined chess game..and the skull grinning an all knowing stare...whooo.

good work.

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:59 pm 
nice picture Paukl! zeer netjes! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:12 pm 
Paukl, awesome photo, but it does creep me out a little. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:15 am 

Thanks for the kind words, this was my first stilllife and I'm glad you like it!
The skull is supposed to be a dragon's. It's made from a mixture of stone and a sort of plastic but it feels and looks very much like an actual skull. I bought it in my teens when I was having sort of a dragon-phase :)
I fiddles with the candles and matches for quite a while to get them to leak which is surprisingly hard because they're designed not to...
Because I don't have any led-lights yet i just used my standing lamp, In this case I think the yellow light was a plus though.
I do think when I've got some photoshop skills I'll give this one another visit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:45 am 
finally submitted to on assignment and well i thought about taking a trip downtown to the alamo but then i thought that itd take about 2hrs round trip and how i dont even have enough time too look out my window anymore...lightbulb!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:53 am 
Paukl:

This is by far the breakout image so far! And it hit the time theme right on :)
I am stunned at your setup, composition, lighting, and execution of the photograph

SGT_pictureguy:

This is such a simple, often done, and yet so effectful take on time and its passing! A long time exposure image that captures both a moment and a period, and in a neatly captured sunset - not everybody can really do sunsets you know?

This competition is hot!

Kudos to all entrants so far, you all have created images that are all unique and valuable :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:42 pm 

I agree, and I know who I'm casting my vote for, so far....don't forget that it is time to vote for the February "on Assignment" almost over time...Can't wait to see who wins...if it happens to fall in my favor, I am going to choose one of the already suggested themes...but I think our Zirmi has the edge, and photoj and I are still tied...can't wait for the next round, what ever it is...whooooohooooooooo!

Great entries, luis, paulk, SGT_pictureguy I really am impressed with the quality of all of the photos.. photos appearing on this little contest...and I know b and ormina have not posted yet, so we are sure not done...how many submissions are there so far? I have not counted..

brb!!

patti

so far there are 30!!! Can you believe that? Wow...good going you guys!!And all of you lurkers, there are still some days left to get a little shot off, and submit it!!!! Yipeeeeeeeee!! The pressure is on!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next