Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:30 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:58 am 
Hi everyone, I'm new to photography specially digital. Back in highschool i used to take a lot of picture using an SLR (that i still have to this day, and is still working its a 30 years old canon) anyway i'm experimenting with my point and shot Kodak c875s manual control and here is one of the pic.

Here i'm experimenting with depth of field and backlit subjects.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:28 am 
1) it would have been better to have a plain background
2) you've got bright light under the teddy bear's arm which makes the image a bit washed out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:06 am 
Welcome to this carmeralbs! w00t w00t!

Can i give u critique on theimage?

(this is just my oppinion i m no pro fotographer)

1, the image is too bright some how (maybe adjusting your exposure)
2, when it comes to compostision i knw what your trying to do but it really doesnt work for me, where do u want me to focus on the robot or on the teddy bear, i cant really decided as the bear insnt really that blured as the background itself. Maye try to bring your f-number to 5.6 or your lowest possible number (on my lens its 5.6 that why i m saying that!
3, When shooting shots like these i findmyself to get a more "neutral" background that way it doesnt distract things from my main subject.
4, Just wondering is that a window in the background? Which is causing thier to be the white reflection on the white table? Cuasing that really white spot on what looks like to be curtains?

thanks for sharing the image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:28 am 
thanks for the comments guys, i really need it. I believe my aperture in that shot was 3.6, i'll try 5.6 and see what happens.

I purposely used a cluttered background coz i was trying to blur it, hehehe, obviously it didn't work. I'll try it next time with a plain background.

I used a kodak c875 point and shot with that picture. I'm practicing with manual settings while waiting for my panasonic fz50 that i ordered. I figured I'll give the fz50 a try first before i commit to a true dslr in the future.

I'll try to post more pics and all your critiques and comments are welcome. I'm still in learning stage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:34 am 
your image is lacking in contrast in the mid tones, just a bit, try levels in Photoshop or similar program and your image will pop, but you will loose some shadow detail......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:13 pm 
thanks bp. I'm still learning photoshop now. I've been playing with it for a few weeks now and there are so many things that i still need to learn. Very powerful tool though.