Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:31 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:13 pm 
Hi everyone,
No need for IQ or composition input.

This sunday was a beautiful sunny day in Stockholm where the early spring sun finally revealed itself and gave us a couple of hours of light and warmth.

Just wanted to share that moment with you together with a cold glass of home-made blackcurrant juice. Yep, i made it myself. Darn proud of it i must say.

Cheers !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:15 am 
Ahh...seems like spring - perhaps even early summer - has hit the beautiful streets of Stockholm.

Looks like you did a great job on the drink there - few things more refreshing!

Cheers indeed!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:57 am 
..... I like the lighting and perspective....... nice shot..... now if you have not drunk said drink try removing the plant and books in the background, and add some ice and a straw to the drink to bring the image to life...... there are many ways to shoot this

...... nice work

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:41 am 
Adding to what big pix said...i would also remove the teaspoon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:25 am 
Hi guys, thanks for your comments.

Today we got about an inch of snow.. Hope it will melt soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:24 pm 

One of my dear friends is a prop master for the studios...there are LOTS of ways to make glass/drinks/ice/ appealing....try this...next time, take the glass, and spray it with clear lacquer on the outside...wait till it dries.. make sure your background clear...so no plants, etc...and add ice, remove spoon, and get a little spray bottle of water, and spritz the outside of the glass to produce a sweating effect..(only on the front and sides), a fine mist...not on the back or it will magnify and bend the light in a way that is unappealing...you can create bubbles on the inside of the glass, by adding 7-up or club soda...if you ever have to shoot a dark liquid, for a class or something, and you want to shoot an amber beer, coke, etc, add that 7-up, and the light will shine thru the glass..
and the added effervescense reflects light, so it is a win-win..

Lots of fun to play with, but, all and all, I like the color in that glass, Khol...funny how even the simple things in life, are so beautiful..you captured that gorgeous color, and I like it!!

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:08 pm 

General Surgeon's Warning:
Don't drink from the glass after you have applied patti's recipe :shock:

:lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol:

Last edited by Thomas on Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:46 am 

Oh,Thomas. :oops: :oops: :oops: I forgot that part :roll: ...like Thomas said, Kohl-ie, after you spray a thin coat of laquer, make sure you don't drink out of the glass...somehow or other, the Laquer on the outside is supposed to make the water droplets bead up better...they do it all the time....in "the movies"
:wink:
I am not liking surgeons or generals...snooping around the bar-ware.
patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:17 am 
Jag älskar svartavinbär saft!

This is some true summer/spring feeling to me, my grandmother used to make this stuff as well, and just seeing this image make me watr in my mouth. I m going to get me some i have some saved in the storage room!

this is warm shot 8)