Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:01 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: New Baby How to?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:38 am 
I'd like to know the best way to take photos of my new grandson as he grows, without having to prop him up with pillows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:21 pm 
Try to get a picture of him more relaxed and from the side at a angle level to him.. make it so its more relaxed because as you can see here it kind of looks like hes crying with his eyes strained.. but hes probably not.. so if his heads turned to one side then get on your knee and take a shot level with him... no flash just bump up the iso or use a slower shutter speed.

Heres some examples...

Baby shots

More Baby pictures

^courtesy of other camera labs members who have posted in this section with some baby shots!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:54 am 

I have the perfect answer...just send him to me.....

What a cute baby...not very old here...and bundled...just so...

b. has some great photos of her children, using window light, and they might work for you as well..

congrats on the new little one, am sure that you will have some great shots to share here...it is so fun to watch them grow.

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:48 am 
Ummm..Patti, as he's only 6 days old, I Think I'll be keeping him a little longer yet.
Besides I don't think his big brother (3 Y.O) or his big sister (2 Y.O) will part with him either... not to mention mum,dad and all the rest of his extended family.
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:27 pm 

RATS!!!! No grandkids here. So I will live vicariously thru you guys...

He is gorgeous...congrats to all of you...I love his hair!!! Think that you have a great little project right in front of you...don't you wonder who he will be? Marvel. Whata marvel this is..

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:54 pm 
ohhhhh... you're makin' me want another one! he's beautiful!

my favorite way to photograph newborns is to lay them in a boppy pillow (the horseshoe shaped nursing support pillows) in front of a window and use different sorts of angles.

love the squidgy newborn face - take loooots of pictures of him! congrats!