Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: How to post pics
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:10 pm 

Hi everyone!

We encourage you to post images in the Cameralabs forum, so long as they’re appropriate – we're a family-friendly site, so no nudity or adult content. If we find anything images which are inappropriate one of the mods or myself will remove it.

To be considerate to those with lower bandwidth connections or lower resolution displays, please resize all images to no more than 1024 pixels wide; remember you can still link back to a page which has a larger version if you desire.

If you'd like to post images on the forum, here's what you need to do:

1: Upload the image to a website, blog or sharing service, like Flickr.

2: If the image is on a website or blog, simply right click the image (or Control click on Macs) and choose the option to to 'copy image URL', 'copy image location', 'copy address' or similar. This will copy the actual location of the image on the internet.

3: To insert the image in a post on the forum, just paste the image URL from step 2 into your message, then put [code][img][/code] at the start and [code][/img][/code] at the end without any spaces. That's it! When you submit the message, the image will appear.

4: If you're using flickr, it's even easier! First click on the image you want to share on Flickr. Next click on the Share button just above the image and choose 'Grab the HTML/BBCode' and ensure BBCode is selected underneath. Next choose the image size, but no bigger than 'Large 1024' please! Then copy the code it gives you and simply paste it into your message on the forum. When you submit the message, the image will appear and clicking it will take you back to Flickr for people to have a closer look.

Last edited by Thomas on Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: how to post pictures
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:07 pm 

I'm one of those disgusting newbies, and I don't have the first sign of a clue on how to post a photo. Could you explain that even more thoroughly please. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:22 pm 

Hello lensbaby, and welcome to the friendly Camera Labs forum!
Well, um. Have you already decided where to host your images?
- your own website?
- flickr?
- imageshack?
- picasa?
(just to name a few)???

Because before you have not solved this problem, nothing goes...

If you have (hosted that is), just post a link to one of your pics here and I'll show you what to do!

----
P.S.: You cannot host your images on the Camera Labs website. You can only show images here that are posted somewhere else...

Last edited by Thomas on Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:25 pm 
Do you have a flickr account ? If so, just right click on one of your picture and select "copy image address" (or something that sounds like this).

Then in one of your messages, click on the "img" button above the text entry - the following will appear:

Code:
[img]

Paste your link (control+v), and click on the button again. A closing tag will appear:

Code:
[/img]

And you're all set ! ;)

If you don't have a flickr account, you can use a website such as Imageshack.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:25 pm 

Okay, here goes:
www.flickr.com/photos/24545878@N03/
:?:

Post subject: Still need help
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:19 pm 

Have flickr acct. posted above, want to send the old house photo to "TIME". (I know it's pretty plain comparitively) When you say in one of my messages, do you mean in one of my "posts"? By right clicking on the photo I don't have the option above mentioned. So could you please start me over from scratch. I really need modified step by step instructions. :(

Does this addy go on the "Insert URL " on the post a reply line?

For instance:
Insert URL: http://flickr.com/24545878@N03

Then what? to get the photo on there?

-----------------------edited by Thomas--------------
I have to edit in your post so that you can really see how it works.
1. Go to the flickr page of the image you want to post, e.g.
http://flickr.com/photos/24545878@N03/2324669361/
2. Click on "All sizes" above the photo. You get to the page with the 1024x742 image.
3. (You have to be logged in for the next step to work)
below the image you find two slots, the second labelled as
-->"2. Grab the photo's URL:" and beneath is the URL of your image like that:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2129/232 ... d085_b.jpg
4. Grab that URL: first click on it so that the complete URL is selected, than right-click and copy or use {ctrl}+{c}
5. Paste the URL in your post: {ctrl}+{v}
6. Select the complete URL in your post, then klick on the {Img}-button at the op of your post, which automatically encloses your URL with the Img-tags.
7. Now you've created something that looks like
{img}http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2129/2324669361_34ec10d085_b.jpg{/img}
only that "{" and "}" are "[" and"]"

See the result below this text (I just replaced the large pic by a 500 pixel wide version):
Oh, sweet! I did it :wink:

------------------
If that doesn't work for you, please tell me exactly at which step # you have problems...

Post subject: Wow thanks.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:02 am 

Unfortunately, I had sort of figured out how to post, but missed the step on "all sizes" so my post is small in comparison. That was completely helpful, and I appreciate your patience. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:29 am 

You're welcome! And happy posting...
Be prepared to get some constructive criticism :)

Post subject: Constructive Criticism
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:19 pm 

I welcome constructive criticism ... and again thank you.

Post subject: Hosting pics for posting
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:55 pm 
Some of the pics I want to post have too much intricate detail to have even the most rudimentary usefulness at 800 pixels wide. I'm going to need to have a host that can accept 1280 x 960 in some cases, which are about 200 kb average size. Are any of these recommended sites capable of that?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:01 pm 
dalethorn wrote:
Some of the pics I want to post have too much intricate detail to have even the most rudimentary usefulness at 800 pixels wide. I'm going to need to have a host that can accept 1280 x 960 in some cases, which are about 200 kb average size. Are any of these recommended sites capable of that?

On Flickr you can store photo's that size

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:08 pm 
Hey Guys.. Havent posted here in a while :P

Anyway. I too am a complete newbie at this sort of thing :? ..I read the posts thoroughly and im going to give it a go..

Well here goes --->

Did it workk?

Jay
----------EDITED BY THOMAS-------
Now it works. Edit your post to see how it is done:
[ url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/25502744@N07/2408025384/][ img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3014/2408025384_836f70ea7d.jpg[ /img][ /url]
(just inserted spaces to make the code visible)
Your mistake: You used the url of the flickr photopage (left part) and included this in img-brackets. That is a complete page and not a single pic.
Include the complete page (as a link-through) in url-brackets and the link to the jpg (right part) in img-brackets.
If you just want the image and no link through do it like this:
[ img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3014/2408025384_836f70ea7d.jpg[ /img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:25 pm 
Hi Thomas. Thankyou for correcting my post... but i still have no clue whatsoever of how you did that :? .

Sorry.. iam as we say here in Wales.. Twp (daft) :P

Jay.

Edit: I think i've got it

It would seem mine has this ( ?v=0 ) weird thingy on the end when i copy the image address. Any ideas?
---------EDITED BY THOMAS---------
Just kill the "?v=0" like this:
[ img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3014/2408025384_836f70ea7d.jpg[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:54 pm 
my turn - tried to post a duck in the pets section for patti, but i think i missed the img part. :lol:

yah. had to play around a bit but it works in preview so hope it does for real - thanks for the instructions thomas :D :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:45 pm 
Hola

I posted my picture for the May assignment but it isn't showing here on Camera Labs. Tried to do it trough Picasa Webalbum with this code (except for the @s):

(all on one line)
[@@url=http://picasaweb.google.com/jc.canon.g9/CameraLabs/photo#5205754944823242866]
[img]@@http://lh5.ggpht.com/jc.canon.g9/SD6OioHsMHI/AAAAAAAAADY/oRshIf9yzcU/Aygo-spejl.jpg[/img][/url]

Shows in the forum like this:

Anybody who knows how to post a pic from Picasa Webalbum? What did I do wrong?

JC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next