Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:00 am 

Bring it, BP....

am not happy with the news of the flu...if it is anything like the stuff going around here, it is just a butt kicker...two weeks of hell. Am glad to know that you are back on the sunny side, and am shaking in my boots, wondering what you are gonna post...I am gonna croak if you win two months in a row.

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:06 am 
Not wasted any "Time" this month then patti..... and waxing lyrical as well.
Good interpretation of the theme for the month well done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:43 am 
There's so much effort put into these shots, it's so nice to see new stuff coming in! this time choosing will be tough - and not all the entries have arrived yet!

Quentin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:55 pm 
Gosh...............not sure if I have enough time to write all this down :lol: :lol:

Big Pix, glad to hear you are back on track. The flu is a curse :( :(

HS I love the sundial, simple but effective, these ideas are just great

Andy, a good interpretaion of time, the decaying stair. You could just imagine yourself standing at the top of the stairs and getting lost in time looking over the bannister. I wonder how many footsteps have made their way donw those stairs. I also loved the earthy colours

Zorro.........fantastic. I love these windmills and the whoosh they make when you stand at the base. We are just about to have one erected accross the road from us at the dockyard. We all have to move with the times, and these beasts are just stunning. :)

Thomas..........another good interpretation of time, makes you wonder what is behind the door and when was the last time that door gently eased open?

Lah.the reaper, why am I not surprised. Amazing shot, I love the clock. Mine look similar after a few glasses of vino

Zrmi, I love the changing shades in the skyline in your entry, also the triple effect shots.

Patti.............Quite simply time does not kill beauty, we all become more beautiful with time.

Cheers ormina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:41 pm 

Photoj wrote:
That's not a bad HDR, Zorro. Perhaps a little tightly cropped.

Or maybe not tightly enough? :shock:

http://zorrofox4.deviantart.com/art/Njord-1080-79653614

Zorro 8)

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:55 pm 
The landscape aspect crop works better than your portrait entry for sure. But as a portrait composition, it's definitely tightly cropped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:50 am 

whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooo!!

Khol--what a great shot...love that a little bit spooky...and Canadian70...welcome to this place, you did great with that shot, and I loved the descriptive part...made me stop and think, and I loved it, even more. That is a "time flys" shot, if I ever saw one.

Hope that you will be taking that camera with you everywhere you go, and posting more photos...

Welcome, welcome, and hope to see more, soon!!

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:55 am 
Thanks Patti.

Actually, there is not much to say about the image quality. I was out trying to handhold long exposures and tried different ISO's etc.

And this is one of the images i got (with a little bit of support from a pole).

It wasnt until i got home and saw the picture in my computer i realized how horrible the content was. It made me think.

The funny thing is that the folks at this factory say that there is no pollution coming out of it. Just pure water and watervapour.
Yeah right.... I sure as hell woulnd not drink water if it smells like that factory smoke. And my experience is that people in this region tends to get more sick.

So i figured..... yes, we are really borrowing time from our children. And we should be more respectful and generous to them.

I would not want to inherit a pile of ****, so why leave one behind?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:24 pm 
After I thought I was going to give this one a miss I got one in :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:41 pm 
joebaynham wrote:
After I thought I was going to give this one a miss I got one in :D

Good on you. I was going to sit this one out too, until I thought of using the nearest image I had to the theme that was taken on one of my photojournalist assignments this month.

I like the idea of the timer on your PDA and the control of DoF. However I think your image could do with some straightening before cropping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:41 am 
How about a drink to go with lunch. . .

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:03 am 
Site Admin

Nick, maybe you were appealing to my stomach, but I love it!

Great idea!

By the way, if anyone wants to use an idea I had for this month, they're welcome - I wanted to try and photograph the commonly heard announcement in UK pubs of 'Time Gentlemen Please!', but in Queenstown, they tend to stay open all night!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:05 am 
Thanks Gordon!! I ate it after I was done. waste not, want not.lol

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:49 pm 
Photoj and Nick , two very nice interpretations of the theme!

Food or passion? I can't tell which one I like best :D

Quentin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:25 am 
Site Admin

Thomas18 - I really like your snowy shot - sometimes it can be surprisingly hard to capture snow falling as you remember seeing it, but it certainly looks like a blizzard there!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next