Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:25 am 
My A200 finally arrived :) With the DT 18-70mm and the 75-300mm .. lets see whether I can put them to good use.

SnS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:56 pm 
SCREAMnSHOUT wrote:
My A200 finally arrived :) With the DT 18-70mm and the 75-300mm .. lets see whether I can put them to good use.

SnS

Congratulations - I am sure you'll be very happy with this piece, and with the Sominolta system in general, for a long time :) Let us know how you like shooting with it!

later
Owen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:01 pm 
bornlate wrote:
Congratulations - I am sure you'll be very happy with this piece, and with the Sominolta system in general, for a long time :) Let us know how you like shooting with it!

later
Owen

Thanks Owen :)

Hmm I'll have to take a while to get used to it. I'm pretty used to the Canon EOS 400D lol. :lol:

Well I have the whole of Sunday and the coming week(which is a school holiday) to explore my new camera. Well, guys...Watch out for my review on the A200 and its two lenses! :D (Should be out by next Sunday)

SnS

P.S.: Many thanks to CameraLabs for putting some nice reviews to help me make my choice. However, I don't seem to remember reading about the Eye Start AF....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:06 pm 

Hello, HS

I know your English is a work in progress, yes, that is a Sundial..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOVE it...

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:28 am 
Andy,

That post was a safe pick, wasn't it? :wink: A great image from your great "abandonned in the hands of time" series. Not my favorite but i like the interpretation.

HS, very beautiful and clean image

Quentin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:41 am 
Great entries from everyone so far, I especially like Andy's, Quentin's and bthall17's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:03 pm 
Zorro, what's a NIMBY?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:39 pm 

luis wrote:
Zorro, what's a NIMBY?

Not In My Back Yard.

Zorro 8)

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:17 pm 
I've been quiet for a while - I probably will do a last minute thing this month (time permitting from work and assignments). The entries so far are good.

That's not a bad HDR, Zorro. Perhaps a little tightly cropped. Andy, was your shot from the abandoned warehouse that you and your friends explored?

I couldn't help but notice on Fairground's entry that the background behind the meter looks overexposed and possibly edited; I could be wrong though. The straightening isn't quite perfect either, but it's a very good interpretation of the theme - one that I wouldn't have considered.

As for the post-processing debate, you'll find my views on this thread here. With many photographers choosing to shoot RAW, some post-processing is inevitable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:46 pm 

Agreed about the cropping but the surroundings were just too busy, if you know what I mean.

Zorro 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:53 pm 
HS' sundial is totally neat! It really makes that (and pardon the cliche here, but it really is true!) cosmic connection here, as reading time is done by reading the traces of the movement of our planet.

Andy's staircase is quite fitting - a great interpretation of the nature of all things interacting and us falling into the future along a twisted path

I like Fairground's "time's up" statement too :) As far as the background is concerned - I have taken enough shots with all sorts of reflection effects to know that the odd appearance is not necessarily from post processing, but likely appeared that way, maybe from a piece of polished corner flashing on a building behind the meter - if that was intentional, the effect is nifty, and if not, it is something to look for in future shots to replicate deliberately :)

Ahh - Zorro's wind generators - gloomy skies with shiny hopes for a clean future - the winds of change?
Or maybe not, as they cannot last without constant maintenance, and here in USA, no "Good Conservative" wants to waste money on maintenance.
So the cruddy oil skies may roll over these shining bladed knights who would battle the dark winds of oil in futility.
It is no longer Don Quixote battling windmill dragons in his madness.
It is the windmills having to do battle with black sooty burning dragons of oil that would lay waste to us all. It is only them and their quiet brothers and sister of solar, water, wave, geothermal, and bio energy, that stand between us and our annihilation by the armies of Oil.
Winds of change and waste.
I like it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:09 pm 

Man, you're in the wrong job. You should be writing for a living, lol. Actually I prefer the idea of tidal power but that's not quite so photogenic.

Zorro 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:32 am 
Hehe, bornlate, you have put great words on that photograph which is already great in itself ;) The reality of it is striking when you see it this way. :S ... A great shot ... for sure

The newly posted creations of Thomas, Lah & Zrmi left me really impressed :shock: :D Along with the others, this is really getting hard to vote for ... and it's only been 1/3 of the month. Wow ... I don't know how I'll ever be able to choose just one in the end. This might be a problem :lol:

... These assignments are really getting better and better :) Wow !! Great Job Everyone!

P.S. Yes, Photoj, my shot was taken at the abandoned building. I felt like I could relate to that interpretation of time and it struck something special in me so I wanted it to be my submission for this month. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:46 am 

good work zrmi, Andy, Lah, Zorro & Thomas...this looks like another hard month...lol...am glad I got this one in, now no stress!!

Lah, that Reaper deal is scary! Love how you managed it tho...looks cool

Now I am already wondering about next months theme, and wonder what it will be...

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:56 am 
.......Well now I have been a bit quite, had the flu for 2 weeks, and the early posters have set a high standard. but I do like a challenge........ :wink:

....... I have just entered a number of images into a local 2 day seaside fair, photographic exhibition, where the images were also for sale. Managed to sell one and won some cash by winning the peoples choice award :lol: :lol:
..... I am happy with that result......

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next