Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:56 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: hope this fits here...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:05 am 

1955 chevy ranch truck...I can drive it, but it is a beast!!! Love the lines on these old timers...and hope you do too...washed and waxed, it ain't half bad...bench seats, original..I can hardly reach the pedals!!

patti

nick asked me to make a bigger image, so I made a medium instead of small, a little further down in the thread..hop down there, and see what you think.

Last edited by patti on Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:04 am 
I like the framing of the shot. might try to lighten the contrast a bit. seems just a tad dark. could be just me tho. could you make it clickable to the larger shot? as a tab I cant realy see the finer details. :D

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:13 am 
Site Admin

Nice shot patti, but I'm gonna move it to our still life section if that's ok with you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:43 pm 

put it where you want it...I was not sure WHERE this one might fit in..thank you Gordon...it is a still life, even tho it still runs pretty good for it's age...(that is a joke, I know it should be a still life, but was hoping the lines would make it urban architecture...lol.

and nick, let me go see if I can make it bigger..don't know what I was thinkin...not enough coffee this morning...sorry.

patti

that is better? Thanks for looking, and for the critique..

gracias

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:08 pm 
Hey patti,

interesting shot and a fine looking automobile from what I can see. That same shot, with the headlights on could be cool as well :-)

Ever seen Stephen King's "Christine" ? lol..what I'm thinking when I see it.

Got any shots showing more of it?

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:14 pm 
nice lines on the old beast....... would like to see the rest of said beast :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:51 pm 

It just so happens to be parked outside my door right now...let me go see what I can do, but I hafta go to work, so won't be able to get them uploaded and downloaded I don't think, till later tonight...but I will try... Still have half the morning chores to do...

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:11 pm 
Wow that is a good looking car, its looks as if its in great condition!

and the shots is really good to, i agree with big pix could we see the rest, it sure does look like a very fine automobil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:40 pm 

will have to work on some of these, I know, did not alter them,
out the door to work....pretty truck, wish it were mine...

patti

Last edited by patti on Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:42 pm 

this is for Lah, it does look like Christine...I tried to get this in the first set, but messed up the upload..sorry
patti

it is a beast, BP...it rumbles, and roars, and it is a blast to drive...I tend to dump the clutch quite a bit, but it forgives me, most of the time...
the paint job is relatively new, and it just makes me happy to see this beast...reminds me of when trucks were TRUCKS... 8 bales of hay fit in the back...whoooohooooo!!

have a great day.

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:00 pm 
Now that is a TRUCK, really neat one too. Great shots patty. I really like the paintjob, looks like it sounsd like a beast to. A good odl Chevy....we dont see alot of those up here in northen sweden. But my folks they got a Volvo Duett from 1964 but it doesnt look as good as the one that i linekd to, its kinda banged up and needs a new paint job an interioir installation, but it sure works great for driving and whot not and nothing has been changed yeat. When i get some cash i m going to fix that baby up good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:10 pm 

Hi patti,

I was about to suggest how cool it would look with a bit of Boyd Coddington bling and I've just seen that very sadly he passed away eight days ago. :(

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:39 pm 
Bob Andersson wrote:
Hi patti,

I was about to suggest how cool it would look with a bit of Boyd Coddington bling and I've just seen that very sadly he passed away eight days ago. :(

Bob.

Great Pics of a True Machine!

My day was made by the pics....

and sadened by the news....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:21 pm 
Fantastic pictures Patti, makes my shots look like an old wreck :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry could'nt resisst that. I just love the colour and all the dashboard work , thats a true machine you got there.

Cheers Ormina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:33 pm 
The one with the dashboard and the final photo with the truck at a slight angle are very good images. It does look a very good vehicle with an interesting history.

Of course we all have different tastes in images, but I disagree with what's been said about the contrast and framing/cropping of your very first image with the headlamp. The colours and the shape of the bodywork over the headlamp are well captured and not dark at all. What's wrong about this picture is the crop and composition. You've got an indicator lamp cut off on the bottom edge and the corner of the very large Chevolet badge on the right edge. I'd rather not have both in the frame, and have the headlamp more central and see more of the curves on the bodywork to lead my eye. Secondly is the control of DoF - you could use it more effectively in guiding our eye into a focal point. You've removed the EXIF, but I'd be suggesting a wider aperture to get a little bokeh into the shot if possible. Just my immediate thoughts.

Thanks again for sharing.