Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:03 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Mich climbing
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:11 pm 
So besides photography one of my other hobbies is bouldering. I've already had lots of fun with and also lots of pain but: no pain, no gain :P

Last time I went climbing I took a picture of my friend Michael, but I just call him Mich.

I just love it how scary his eyes are on that picture.

Thanks for looking.

Bart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:08 pm 
Nice shot Bart !
I agree, the look is really interesting. I see a lot of focus and determination in his eyes.

If you permit a critique though, I find my eyes tend to be more attracted to the second man's feet as the mattress plies create very strong lead-in lines towards him. It is actually a really interesting trick to consider for other shots but for this one I find it take a lot away from your friends look. If you have another chance, experiment with the same interesting angles but isolate your subject from further distraction and I think the shot will be all the more impressive. :)

Nonetheless this is a nice shot and one which you can further experiment with!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:24 pm 
I completely agree with andy.. im more interested in the other guys feet cause there like getting sucked into the padding lol.. but if he wasnt there this would be a great shot... so if you could try it again.. also i love this kind of photography.. black and white (or color) with the blacks brought out a lot and contrast bumped up.. then add some vignetting in and it looks so cool!!.. so great shot without the guy.. go for it again! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:22 am 
thanks for sharing Bart - I really like that shot.