Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:11 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:11 am 
Site Admin

Hi everyone, this is the thread for your comments and questions about entries in the March 2008 submissions.

Thanks,

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:06 am 
Time, nice one!!

you can go so many directions with this theme, gonna take me some "time"to figure this one out :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:50 am 
Well done Grahamnp for getting your shot in early, perhaps I should take a leaf out of your book.

I like your shot I like the reflections, it does for sure give the impression of travelling through time. Great perspective on the subject.

Cheers Ormina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:20 pm 

Too bad i just made this shot in februari or it could have been my entry:

It's just as well though, now i've got the challenge to come up with something new :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:32 pm 

Bjorn van Sinttruije: That is wonderful and It looks like tuff-competition I like the framing, and image and the background, and tell your mother its a nice clock!

my Blog
"Photography isn't so much about the results as it is the collective experience, your interactions with people and with the world"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:44 pm 

JakeOConnell wrote:
Bjorn van Sinttruije: That is wonderful and It looks like tuff-competition I like the framing, and image and the background, and tell your mother its a nice clock!

Thanks Jake, I appreciate that. It's nice to hear that somebody likes my framing, many people (especially here in Holland) don't. I'll tell my mother :) .

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:11 pm 
Bjorn,

i was actually quite concerned by your framing... do you always frame your pictures because it really gives a little something to your shots.
How about a dslrtip to learn how to nicely frame our pictures? :D

great idea for this assignement, i've got a few ideas trotting in my head

Quentin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:20 pm 

Q u e n t i n wrote:
Bjorn,

i was actually quite concerned by your framing... do you always frame your pictures because it really gives a little something to your shots.
How about a dslrtip to learn how to nicely frame our pictures? :D

great idea for this assignement, i've got a few ideas trotting in my head

Quentin

"Concerned", is that possitive :?: I frame all pictures I post on the internet, because I think it makes them look more professional (just my opinion though :) ). The way I do it is probably not the right one: I have designed my frame with MS Power Point, and everytime I want to frame a picture, I copy it to the PP-presentation, stick it in the frame, copy the whole thing, and save it in Paint. I haven't figured out how to create similar frames with e.g. Photoshop CS2, other wise I'd do that, because I'd have more quality and EXIF too.

Gotta go eat now!
- Bjron -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:39 pm 
Bjorn van Sinttruije wrote:
"Concerned", is that possitive :?:

yes in a positive way because it does give a professional look. i don't use photoshop (just nikon's free picture project) because i'm not really into post processing but i'd like to make frames

Quentin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:00 pm 
Bjorn van Sinttruije wrote:
I haven't figured out how to create similar frames with e.g. Photoshop CS2, other wise I'd do that, because I'd have more quality and EXIF too.

Keeping it simple, without deviating too far from the thread, you just simply resize your canvas under Image > Canvas size.

I'll be on several assignments this month, so hopefully I can squeeze out the ideas for this month's time theme with time I have spare.

Regards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:12 am 
Thanks for the comments Ormina.

Nice idea Bjorn! Looks really pro!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:33 am 

Time is on my side, Yes it is, time time time is on my side, yes it is...

ok. so far that is what I have for time...

good ones you guys, on the first two submissions. I thought I would do that, too, but, ya beat me to it...so....here we go again...

thank you big pix...

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:35 pm 
Any news on if collages are allowed yet?
If they are, I have a killer idea - although I fear half of this forum may be doing a similar thing =P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:01 pm 

Hi Ed,

Ormina's entry is in the February poll. 8)

Nothing has changed in the March submissions rules to rule them out so go for it. I guess that if members think a montage is used simply as a way to hedge bets they won't vote for it (as I write Ormina's entry has 5% of the vote 8) 8) 8) ).

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:08 pm 
Hey,
Yes, the thought about making a collage for the march submission is tempting, and i can see a few really cool things you can do.

One little issue tho, is that the images must be taken in marsch. So that kind of reduce the "timeframe" drastically if you want to do really cool time-collages.

I also had a killer idea, but this fact took it away :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next