Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:13 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Joyfull Colours
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:55 pm 
Well i was out today with the camera again, going for the afteroon bike ride and grabed shome shots. Gotta change my enviroment of photgraphing now seems as i am camputring the same things over and over again. So i decided to colours up things a bit!

The wheel of time dedicated to patt

I think i the sepia works here, its an old rusty cable puller for boats crossing the canal

Tried a new effect out, didnt quite like the background because it was taking too much space from the image, and this is called a "badhytt" in swedish dont really knw the word in english, but they come in all colours but i love the few pink ones that are out there!

This is my favorite spot to sit back where i live, from this location you can see that canal the beach everything! its lovly. I usualy come out here to think and be all phylosophical. When its warmer i move out and dip my feet in the water. Nothing was done to this image it was just taken.

Enjoy :D because i sure did

Post subject: Re: Joyfull Colours
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:49 pm 

alex168 wrote:
...Enjoy :D because i sure did

Certainly did. Thanks for sharing. 8)

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject: Re: Joyfull Colours
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:19 pm 
Bob Andersson wrote:
Certainly did. Thanks for sharing. 8) Bob.

Thanx Bob!

perosonaly i cannot stop staring at the colours of the 1st image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:11 pm 
srry for the double post

but i would love to get some feedback on these images if its possible to impove my skils

Photoj? you give great feedback where are you :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:44 pm 
Hey alex,

These pictures are very nice :D My favorite would be the last one too.
Hum ok, I'll try to give you my opinion on each.

#1: Composition looks strong, colors are fierce and some nice textures in the wood. I can't really think of any bad point to it.

#2: I like the sepia tone and the grainy detail and actually think that the blown background isolates the gears quite well. Composition is also interesting. Maybe slightly straighten it by making the main axle horizontal and removing the part in the upper left corner to avoid distraction. Really nice though

#3: I like it as well but it might be a little weaker than the others in terms of subject or composition. I feel like the tight crop around the beach hut leaves me wanting more. I'm really curious to see what is to each side of it and maybe zooming out a bit and placing this otherwise nice little cabin on the side of the shot would permit a more interesting photo. The idea of the B&W background and the bright pink cabin is very cool though. Why not also include the color in the stairs though? Just a thought :)

#4: This one I find awesome! :D I love the perspective that the different supports give. I think it's worth trying to process it a bit to maybe bring out some more of those greens and increase the contrast in the sky to give a stormier look to the weather.

So these are my opinions :) Keep in mind though that I'm just an amateur passionate about photography and nothing close to a pro :oops: ... hehe Maybe with time I will strengthen my photography. I'll try posting more shots as well, as I would also appreciate others' opinions and advice. I think it can be the second best way of learning. (after practice practice practice :))

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:00 am 
Thank you very much for your thoughts and the time you put into shareing them with me!

Well the reason i didnt want to go out and give u the colours of the stairs is that they are dull, they r just washed out no taken care of stairs, they look grey when i took the picture, and i did try to give them some colour but i didnt really notice the diffrence between that and the black and whiite, it didnt make the pink stand out more!

Well at this stage, when eveyrone is shooting with digiatl camera i sure do like once in a while the clean image that hasnt been edit and change somehow to make it look better! i knw an image can always be perfected somehow, but that one felt like unatural to change it, maybe its the feeling i share with it the time i spent over there. Coming to the sky, well it was rather couldy this day that i took this image, and i will sooner or later i always end up taking a picture of that spot, i will give you a diffrent perspective on it, at a diffrent time point of the year, maybe summer or later spring. What i was focusing on in that imgae was that i could feel myself sitting in it, or behind the image and enjoying that exact same view. And everytime i look at that image it relaxes me somehow, that what i love about it.

When it comes to the third image, i took about 5 shot at it and the shot that i m showing u is the only one that came out in focus, i didnt crop the image at all, just not a big fan of cropping maybe i might use that in the future. Well the thing is i didnt decide to zoom out more or use a lower mm because the house/bathuds next to that one wherent in very good conditon, the colours where dull, and when i was at taht are i coundt stop focusing on the pink one :), maybe i m just a fan of the pink colour

Back to the fourth image, i honesly belive that there used to be a deck over here, but its gone now n they left the supports, i dont knw why! But i hope that our local "goverment" let them stay that way so i can keep on enjoying my alone time on that spot!

thanx again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:40 am 
Alexander,

Thanks for sharing your images. I've only just come across these. As you've requested, here's a little feedback image-by-image.

1: Lovely colours - did you up the saturation here? There is a good deal of texture captured too. The cutting of the wheel on the edge of the frame is good too, as it gives the image an edgy feel. Composition is strong BUT could be stronger. My eye is drawn to the black hub of the wheel. This is in the left but middle of the frame. If you positioned your camera a little lower so that lay in between the junction of two of the third lines it would be close to perfection.

2: Interesting object but overexposed background. I don't think the image needs straightening, but it does need the clone tool to remove the metal on the top left of the frame. The blown background is difficult to recover, and is the only thing that I'd like to tone down a little to soften the image. Otherwise, again a strong image.

3: Interesting again. Composition could have been marginally improved by shooting straight on at the hut - you've taken it slightly angled and chopped off the edges of the roof. The post-processing to colour pop the pink was good and the fact that you stuck with the rule of popping one colour - fantastic vision. Only improvement...make the hut not fill the entire frame; I'd like to see it away from the edge of the frame.

4: Now this one is the strongest of your compositions BUT this time it needs straightening and a monochrome conversion with high contrast. There's excellent foreground interest in the way of the abandoned pier and that leads the eye into the frame. Breaking the rule of thirds here was terrific as it separates the foreground and distance perfectly.

Overall 4 very good images, which could use a little tightening up, but the fundamental elements are there. You should be proud especially with the 3rd and 4th ones.

Last edited by Photoj on Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:59 pm 
Brilliant pictures, I need add nothing else.

Cheers Ormina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:42 am 

yipeeeeeee... Alex..I will take that dedication, and be so proud of it..thank you for thinkin of me, I like that wheel blue...it looks so neat...they look wonderful colored up..at first startling, then you really sit back and look at them...and you really connected on this one...it works for me... loved your ideas, and the artful way you captured all of these..

best to you, Alex, and thanks again.

patti