Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:03 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:32 am 
hey i have a question: for all us people on the west coast of the states we've still got five or six hours of febuary to go does that mean that we have to post before your March or ours? to bad i still don't have a camera yet :cry: i'm still saving :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:43 am 

The closing time was midnight GMT on the last day of the month. If we made it midnight local time then you guys on the West coast would get 16 hours extra time compared to, say, members in Singapore!

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:48 am 
good point i'll have to remember that when i eventualy post an on assignment so i don't post it to late.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:54 am 
OK, time to vote :!: :!:

There are three photo's that I realy love, but who gets my vote :?: :?:

Can I split my vote three ways :lol: :lol: :lol: :?:

All the photos entered are great. WELL DONE EVERYBODY :!: :!: :!:

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:01 am 
Wow I just left for 1 and a half week to sit for my tests and when I came back, the forum got bombarded with great entries!

Competition is really tough.

Good luck to every participant! 8)

SnS

P.S.: Why cant the Editor take part in 'On Assignment' ?

Bob Andersson wrote:
The closing time was midnight GMT on the last day of the month. If we made it midnight local time then you guys on the West coast would get 16 hours extra time compared to, say, members in Singapore!

Im not hinting anything but...aren't I the only Singaporean member here? ;P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:08 am 
Site Admin

Midnight GMT is the same point of time for everyone! For me in NZ, that would have been 1pm on Saturday 1st March...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:49 am 

Just straggled in from work, I am on the board of directiors for "Heads Up" Therapeutic riding program, for handicapped kids...it is 9:45 pm here, pacific time, and I can not tell you how thrilled I am to see all of these wonderful photos...truly a delight...because you took them, and cared enough to present them here..and tho you think they capture the town you live in, they really capture you, too...now I know you so much better..

I still need to have more than one vote, too, Nick..

congratulations to all who took part, and I see the new theme is up..already...

no rest for the wicked.

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:19 am 
Greetings!
I just want too thanks all of you who have sing up photos for my theme in February. They are all great shots and showing exactly what I mend by suggesting “Living place” assignment.

Good luck on voting poll.

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:16 am 
I think casting the vote is more difficult than taking the photo :? :?

The entries have been fantastic which is great considering we are all on here to learn. Everyone shows so much potential and style. The style part is good as we all genrally develop a style of our own and it does shine through in some of the photo's that have been posted.

I know we have thirty one days for our next entry to be ready, but no pun inteneded for some that may not be enough time :lol: :lol: :lol: I refer to myself ofcourse, strolling along casually and then nearly missing the deadline.

Cheers Ormina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:21 am 

Drazen. I know I have kidded with you alot on the topic, for this month assignment..but as far as I am concerned, it was one of the most challenging assignments for me...made me think, made me look, made me aware of the places I frequent, and the things that are important in my little world...
Am glad you chose this topic. Am glad you are here, and am looking forward to next months theme...

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:40 pm 

Just voted (for myself :D , sorry). Some strong competition. I already have an idea for if I win one day, but I'm going to keep that secret for now.

Just an idea: the number of entries is growing, and with quite some photos to go through, voting may be difficult for some. I thought: maybe, if the number of entries keeps on growing, the mods and Gordon could decide on a "Top 10" or "Top 20". Just an idea though. I love the "On Assignment"-challenges; I'm already thinking about a "Time"-picture.

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:16 pm 

Just voted too, It was very difficult :)
Luis got my vote in the end, mainly because the composition is spot-on. But it was hard because there were so many fine entries!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:29 pm 
Ormina got my vote Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:59 pm 

Quentin got my vote. Nice one mate :D :D :D :D

Zorro 8)

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:47 am 
Thanks zorro!

i must say zrmi got mine, i had said it early but the scene is really great

Quentin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next