Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:09 am 

c'mon Jake...you can do it...O. I like your entry just fine...
not sure if it is within parameters, but I like that you think out of the box...

whoooohooooooooooooooooooooooo..what time is it..

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:52 am 

Some of you guys really need to get a grip. There's absolutely nothing wrong with Ormina's entry. You don't happen to like it? Tough. Get over it. Nowhere does it break the rules, either in deed or in spirit. We're about to lose a forum member because of what I would call pedantic nonsense. Get over yourselves, this is supposed to be fun.

Zorro :evil:

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:19 am 
Nice work Ormina. I specially like the horizon-pic.

Lovelly collage. You probably have my vote (im not sure yet :))

EDIT: Just noticed that the image is removed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:46 am 
zorro wrote:
Some of you guys really need to get a grip. There's absolutely nothing wrong with Ormina's entry. You don't happen to like it? Tough. Get over it. Nowhere does it break the rules, either in deed or in spirit. We're about to lose a forum member because of what I would call pedantic nonsense. Get over yourselves, this is supposed to be fun.

I agree that there's nothing wrong with Ormina's entry - what I initially posted was a clarification of the rules: whether it be viewed as one or three images, and the status on collages. Here's the situation I was thinking along the lines of: let's say you've two photos you wanted to enter but couldn't decide - could you collage both and enter it as one?

What has happened since has been a tad pedantic, but it is a forum and here for discussion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:29 am 

I really liked it, classy the photos are good, the framing and technically it is only one picture.

my Blog
"Photography isn't so much about the results as it is the collective experience, your interactions with people and with the world"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:21 pm 
What was the picture?

It says it is removed.

:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:01 pm 
Hello fellow forum members.

I am at work just now and am unable to re submit my picture. I have have consideration and some chat decided to put it forward again. After all this is a forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion. That is all I will say on the matter. Wether is is entered in the February competition or not seems irrelevant to me now. I just want to share the picture.

I have gone back and read over the forum assingment posting rules :D

good to luck to everyone

Cheers Ormina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:27 pm 

Did I miss something here?

lol

Yeah. what day is it 29th...er... and its raining heavy outside ... and I still don't have an image ... and I'm not well (again) atm ...

God, are you trying to tell me something lol!

I've been to buzy with school work to get the time to take a descent picture. But if it stops raining ill think of something quickly, hopefully before the sun goes down.

[if i do it will probably be B&W]

Cactus V2s Wireless Trigger - 5 x Cactus V2s Wireless Reciever

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:56 pm 

Ormina, you know how I feel..I love when people think out of the box..
stretch themselves, and their photography..otherwise, what good would it be to be involved in a no growth deal..that is what photography is...an interpretation...and everyone gets to weigh in on what they like or don't like...will wait for your reposting of that collage...
DD_ are you not feeling well? I will keep my fingers crossed that the sun co-operates with you today...still some time...

hope
patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:21 pm 

It's heaving here too Daniel, don't worry about it. You been on the Buckie this avo? The spelling in that last paragraph is atrocious :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zorro 8)

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:48 pm 
Andy, IIIII LOOOOOOOOVE YOUR IMAGE! that ll i can say!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:09 pm 

My take on Ormina's entry: Look at it as a collage. I myself am very close to trying out how a combo of three images is working as a whole (not for the Assignment, more for printing). Interesting concept. But it does certainly not constitute 3 different pics. So I would never rule out this entry.
A totally different thing would be if you just copy three pics - one under the other - into one big image to make it formally one image. That effort would certainly fall flat on it's face.
Hope that clears things up a little.
((And nobody should feel that he/she has to withdraw an entry unless Gordon or a moderator says so :wink: ))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:31 pm 

Thomas wrote:
My take on Ormina's entry: Look at it as a collage. I myself am very close to trying out how a combo of three images is working as a whole (not for the Assignment, more for printing). Interesting concept. But it does certainly not constitute 3 different pics. So I would never rule out this entry.
A totally different thing would be if you just copy three pics - one under the other - into one big image to make it formally one image. That effort would certainly fall flat on it's face.
Hope that clears things up a little.
((And nobody should feel that he/she has to withdraw an entry unless Gordon or a moderator says so :wink: ))

Because technically, if thats counted as 3 images than a panorama or an HDR is 2 or 3 or more images isn't it?

my Blog
"Photography isn't so much about the results as it is the collective experience, your interactions with people and with the world"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:53 pm 

Yep, Jake. Panorama and HDR certainly count only as one entry here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:49 pm 
Site Admin

Love the colours Andy, and nice one Jake on getting-in 15 minutes before the deadline! I wonder if there'll be any more!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next