Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:38 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:03 pm 
Site Admin

Hi everyone, this is the official thread to discuss the Fujifilm XT1.

Please check out my Fujifilm XT1 review for more details!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:55 pm 

Hello Gordon,
thank you very much for your review of this camera (i was looking forward to it) and all the effort you put into it. For me your reviews are second to none, always special, very informative and serious without that comical nonsense other reviewers think people wanna see. Your work for me is always the most useful (i.e. the noise-comparison section) and helps a lot to make a decision for or against a new camera.
I myelf had not the chance yet to get the X-T1 in my own hands to test. I am amazed how good image-quality even the kit-zoom seems to deliver, the primes must bee even sharper (i.e. XF-23mm F1.4). In your final score i would have expected one point more for build as well as for image quality, but you are the expert and can judge much better.
Thank you for all your work, much appreciated here, and greetings to wonderful New Zealand from Germany,

Pascal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:10 pm 

Thanks for the review Gordon. Good read, as always.

Very pleased with the X-T1 'upgrade'. Coming from an X-E1, the improvements are pretty obvious. It is a better camera in every way.
The EVF is gorgeous, really. AF is very good, though not as fast as Fuji claims (world fastest...blabla). You have to enable power mode to get the most out of the AF performance, which in turn decreases battery life faster. Battery life is still frustratingly poor. It seems to be a problem for mirrorless in general. Fujifilm should at least add a more informative display of the power level. Also, the locking mechanism on the ISO dial is unfriendly in use. For those who are interested: http://isounlocker.com/

Annoyances aside, it is a very solid camera and, what the X-E1 wasn't quite able to do: finally make me forget the DSLR days. It is much more mature than the previous interchangeable lens camera's from Fujifilm. Highly recommended to pair it up with the XF 23mm or XF 14mm. The kit-zoom is pretty nice and sharp, but the primes really make the X-system shine!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:14 am 

It's an ok review. However, I think you are giving awfully short shrift to the lens selection that Fuji has and how the XT1 uses them. For me personally, I have spent years shooting full frame Nikon DSLRs; d800 most recently. During that time I have watched as Fuji has taken their phenomenal lens knowledge and scaled them down to the X mounts. The bodies did not attract me until the XT1.

The combination of that body and those lens has been incredible. I firmly believe that its easily the best quality lens lineup among any mirrorless cameras and it easily rivals lenses from Nikon and Canon on fullframe bodies. I think with the lenses truly taken into consideration the camera best the Olympus and Sony models.

Keep up the good work on the site. Please do more Fuji lens reviews.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:44 am 

I just bought an XT-1 & 35 f1.4, I have only toyed around with it so far so good. Images where pretty impressive, and the size and build quality seems impressive. The design & aesthetics alone are bang on. I sold my D700, and 14-24 & 24-70 lenses in September last year. This XT-1 is a sea change, and one I am glad I made I think I will be very inconspicuous.