Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:38 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Little Langdale
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:36 pm 

Did a relatively dry circuit around Little Langdale Tarn today, mainly to take a pic for the Assignment. Here are some others from my short walk, happily concluded just as the rain became quite serious.

A crop from the pic submitted for Assignment
Slater Bridge by warth man, on Flickr

Langdale Pikes from Little Langdale
Langdale Pikes by warth man, on Flickr

And again, from a little further on. Puddly path.
Langdale Pikes 2 by warth man, on Flickr

Looking east across the tarn (small lake).
DSC_3522_edited-1.jpg by warth man, on Flickr

All the above were taken with a D600. The final pic is a panorama using the facility on the teeny-weeny RX100. I think it has done well.
DSC01120-2_edited-1.jpg by warth man, on Flickr

Post subject: Re: Little Langdale
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:34 pm 

Stunning landscape with a lovely mix of colours. Well done for fitting all these in between the downpours. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:26 pm 

Hi Savlet

Thanks for commenting. Fortunately this was a short walk, only about 3 or 4 miles, but happily you can see all this and more in that time. I still got drenched at the end. Never mind - it's February. Roll on Spring.

I thought it would be good to get some pics onto the site. Not a lot have been posted recently, although I see you maintain a steady input of very nice work. I had been as remiss as anyone. It also made me get out there and just take a chance on the weather. I should do it more.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:19 am 

Nice set, I’m always amazed at the dry stone walls and bridges in the UK. Recently saw a BBC doco on the lakes and the dales in white rose country. Seems to be a good lifestyle in both areas.

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:52 am 

Thanks 4xxxx

Yes, it's a better place to live than many, despite the rain. I'm like you - I find the dry stone walls astonishing in terms of their length and the terrain over which they have been constructed. It's a struggle at times to think of just how much work and time went into them. In some places they crawl up and down very steep ground. It's not just the initial building either. I have perhaps a couple of hundred yards of it in total on my own property and it does require maintenance too, so it's an ongoing job.

I've promised myself a run over to Malham (Yorkshire) in the near future and will post some pics afterwards. That area is a maze of limestone walling.