Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:46 pm 

Hi Gordon, Thanks for the review. But where is your usual video overview of the product? Love to see that. Cheers, S

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:56 pm 

Ruben123 wrote:
As far as I know, to get less noise in your pictures, you will have to overexposure a bit (I always do 1/3), and in PS I bring the exposure down again. Didnt you mean that, pierovera?

Also I think Lord ENDON is a funny guy! I would not expect the prices of the 70D to drop anytime soon, the 7D might drop again a bit and I surely would buy the 7D over the 70D.

I dont Joke Around Ruben.

What ever happens, happens! I am still trying to determine which I would buy the 70D or the 7D, the user pics I am seeing here http://photography-on-the.net/forum/sho ... 26&page=51 on the entire topic not just the page, tells me the 70D is sharper than the 7D show on this topic http://photography-on-the.net/forum/sho ... 2&page=208

The 7D is sharp enough for me, though I love how much sharper the 70D is, and that's assuming quality lenses are used in most cases.

The thing that I like most about the 7D over the 70D, is the 100% view finder verse the 70D 98% , the 25 pictures at 8fps before buffering verses 70D 16 pic at 7fps before buffering and all leveling and af in view finder of the 7D than the limited view finder options of the 70D.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:34 pm 

LORD Edon wrote:

The 7D is sharp enough for me, though I love how much sharper the 70D is, and that's assuming quality lenses are used in most cases.

Im sure you will not see the differences in IQ between the two. You really will not see the differences. I love these shots, have a look at this one: http://masters.galleries.dpreview.com.s3.amazonaws.com/89855.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=14Y3MT0G2J4Y72K3ZXR2&Expires=1379349697&Signature=g%2fvwFY%2bPF0XPLwpJRty%2bVVmZLKc%3d
This is a camera's JPEG processing, not even from a RAW. Look at the details.
Everybody want the best camera for the money, of course, but what you want makes no sense. First you wanted a 5D, then some 60D/700D and by now the 70D for the improved IQ over the 7D. Just get a 7D or a used 5D II with some nice glass and go shoot some pictures instead of waiting for the best camera. When you finally have your 70D around Christmas, Nikon will have a fár better camera for the same amount of money ready in the shops (oops, better get the Nikon then) and when you almost will have bought the Nikon, the Canon 750D or 7D II will be around the corner.
Just get a camera now or soon, Im sure that will be the best for you (and any photographer btw). The 7D will surely not disappoint since quite many pro photographers are using 'm still.

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Panasonic DMC-FZ28, Canon G5, Canon 350D, Canon 50D + BG-E2N
Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM,
Canon 18-55 II plus lots of Minolta MD/M42 lenses and bodies

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:49 am 

This response is regarding your excellent Sep 2013 review of the Canon EOS 70D, and specifically its alleged inability to link to a PC/laptop via an ad-hoc wireless connection without use of a separate access point. I was successful (after a few attempts) to establish an ad-hoc connection between my Asus Eee-PC netbook and my new 70D. On the 5th or 6th attempt, the setup process worked and I am now able to link directly from my 70D to my netbook without any external access point. Once the settings are configured and saved in the 70D, the wireless signal is transmitted by selecting the PC connection option in the camera's wireless menu and pressing "Connect". I then select the wireless connection from my netbook's wireless network connection list. It usually takes around 90 seconds to 2 minutes for the connection to occur after which my EOS Utility program opens automatically (based on my preference settings). Be sure that you've installed the WFT Pairing software from your EOS Solutions disk and to check the "Add WFT Pairing Software to the Startup folder" box in the EOS Utility "Basic Settings". I figured you had probably already received other responses from other 70D owners regarding this issue, but I thought I'd submit anyway just in case.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7