Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:31 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:30 pm 

Bjorn van Sinttruije wrote:
This is my typical summer outfit (I don't own nor do I want any shorts or t-shirts). Notice I like to coordinate my leather. Shoes, belt, bag, camera strap, all the same. :lol:

In winter, it's pretty similar I suppose, except I would add a sports jacket, overcoat, and scarf. Gloves if necessary.

- Bjorn

what camera strap is that? Luigi?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:17 pm 

OK, slightly off topic, it's not "what's your photography clothing....atm?" it's more a case of what MIGHT be your photography clothing....atm!

I'm currently looking at the Stealth Gear Extreme Photographers Jacket2 as it is currently at a very good price direct from Stealth Gear and was looking for any feedback on their kit (I notice Old Carlos has some of their trousers). I have read some reviews and the negative points were that it might be too heavy and also that the sizing was a little "cosy" (get the next size up to what you might normally :oops: ).

Any input would be gratefully received, thanks.

Pentax k-30 and k-x with DAL 18-55mm and DAL 55-300mm, Tamron 18-50mm and Camera Labs Straps.....hang on, where's my towel?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:47 pm 

atm (& for the past 2 months+) you'd be best off with a sowester & waders tbh. British weather eh!!!!! :x

I love the stealth gear trousers, they are waterproof, hard wearing & really warm (too warm for the Summer months imo, but fine for the rest of the year) They have a Velcro fastening on the waist & adjustable for a good couple of inches. I think they are fairly `generous` re sizing. They do a couple of different leg-lengths too, which is good.

I don't own one of their photographers coats/jacket, so can't really comment. I already had a Harkila hunting coat/jacket, otherwise I'd probably have got a Stealth Gear one.

I bought mine from W. Slack & sons, in Mansfield Notts. After phoning & telling them my measurements, they advised which size to get.

Good luck shopping & lets hope for a Summer like last year! 8)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:01 pm 

oldCarlos wrote:
atm (& for the past 2 months+) you'd be best off with a sowester & waders tbh. British weather eh!!!!! :x

Good luck shopping & lets hope for a Summer like last year! 8)

I think a boat needs to be on the list as well down here if this weather keeps up (looks to be the same again next week!). One of my friends has already been flooded out! We'd better get a summer like last year, or nothing will dry out!

Thanks for the input Carlos, I'd seriously consider getting the trousers as well (I'm beginning to feel the cold more now as I mature :shock: ), but don't think I stretch that far......

Pentax k-30 and k-x with DAL 18-55mm and DAL 55-300mm, Tamron 18-50mm and Camera Labs Straps.....hang on, where's my towel?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:38 pm 

It's been bad enough up here, hardly had any dry spells for weeks, but at least we're on high ground. Really feel for you guys in the SW. :(

In general the UK hasn't had a high-pressure zone over us since the beginning of December & it's not looking likely to change for maybe another couple of weeks yet.

I haven't been out with my camera for weeks! :x

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:59 pm 

AnderssonPhoto wrote:
what camera strap is that? Luigi?

Sorry, I missed your question last year. If by any chance you are reading along, it's an official Leica strap I bought at the factory. Beautiful cognac leather, no fidgety shoulder pads or anything. Just a basic, high quality strap.

- Bjorn

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:41 am 

I don't have special photography clothing, just long sleeves and trousers, winter or summer.
Thick version for winter and thin version for summer. My usual colour is dark or black.

Australia is a sunburn country, and the need for long sleeves in summer is to reduce the surface area getting bitten by blood sucking insects. No beautiful snow in Sydney during winter, but at least less blood sucking insects.

Apple: MacBook Air (11-in, 1.8GHz i7), Mac Pro (12-core 2.66GHz), MacBook Pro (15-in), iMac (21.5-in, Core i5), Mac mini Server (2.66GHz), iMac (24-in, C2D), PowerBook G4 (12-in, 1.33GHz), iMac G4 (1.25GHz)x2, PowerMac G4 (dual 1.44GHz).
iPhone: 5s, 5, 4S, 4, 3G
iPad: Air, Mini, 4, 3, 2, original (all models are 3G/LTE)
iPod touch: 5th gen x2, 4th gen x2 & 1st gen,
4 x AirPort Extreme, 2 x Time Capsule...