Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:12 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:31 am 

Hello,

I have been using Photoshop Elements ver 11, started with it as a newbie and it has done fine actually, but now that I am getting more proficient I'm wondering if its worth switching to Lightroom as an upgrade possibly. Has anyone experience with both programs and have an opinion to share?

Thanks,
DP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:05 am 

That's not really an upgrade, more of a "side-grade", IMO. i.e. although there is some overlap -- Lightroom can do light editing like cropping and red eye reduction, while Elements can do some photo organization -- the two programs are designed for different things: Lightroom is primarily bulk/mass photo cataloging and processing app while Photoshop (Elements) is primarily an image editing app. Here's an old forum thread that may help.

Having said that, have you considered Adobe's Photographer's bundle? - Mark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:01 am 

Thank you for the reply. I will have to read more and maybe try the trial. I'm actually getting good use out of Elements with the Camera Raw plugin, so maybe I don't need to change ...

The Adobe photographers program looks interesting. I wasn't aware of it. I dug further and it looks like one needs to be an owner of a previous version of PS. I haven't graduated to PS quite yet but would like to. Not a fan of their CC program but the photographer program looks ok. I'll try to apply my charm and see if they will let me get it due to me having Elements, but doubt it.