Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:59 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:43 am 

:shock: This seems to be the most appropriate place to post this question

:( Years ago i set up a fliker account.I can still see it when i go to a forum i visit for old vw,s i can see my images BUT cant log in,about 4 years ago i contacted fliker :? and several times since No reply

I set up another account which has my images and videos from Lisbon,since then i lost all my images and video that are on a failed 1Tb drive,no way to log in

I had a yahoo email again log in needed a mobile phone number and to copy an unreadable number

I made two other yahoo accounts hopeless

Today i looked for a photo site to add my images to show some friends,fliker now needs a yahoo email AND TWO MOBILE phone numbers--- :shock: Just to get past the first page.no doubt there will follow other questions i cant answer

I tried picasa that found my gmail account id forgotten i had,Gmail and google a FAR better than yahoo But picasa dosnt work for me,i dont understand how to find and view my images and cant show family or friends(my new apartment)

8) PLEASE can anyone recommend a photo site where i can up load images which can be seen by friends or even the world,if they really want to see my new apartment in France with a few of the town and surroundings perhaps my old vw camper to

HELP please

And:about 10 years ago? :?: I posted in THIS forum to ask how to recover all my photos from a hard drive that was once over written__no answers to date--other than advertising links

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:16 pm 

Hi.
I had the same issue last week. I was logged out for some reason & it wouldn't let me log back in. (after 4 failed attempts it freezes for 12 hrs!)
I think it was because the actual yahoo email acct that was set up initially to use Flickr, wasn't used (seen as inactive)

I contacted customer services to explain via email from my everyday Windows mail acct: customercare-en@cc.yahoo-inc.com

They responded fairly quickly (2-3 hrs) & after 3 or 4 emails back & forth on the same day (checking security questions, changing password etc) I was back on. I found them very helpful. 8)

It might be worth a try before looking for an alternative.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:22 pm 

thaks ill try that.No one knows they have a help desk they keep it well hidden
i havnt logged in for about 5 years simply becouse its been impossiable

recently i logged into another yahoo accout i tried to keep in case i needed it,it forcrd me to change password.but accepted none.not even one generated by yahoo
I think their getting rid of email

Thanks though im going to try

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:33 pm 

Initially it wouldn't accept mine either. Funny thing is, when I'd contacted them via their customer help on; customercare-en@cc.yahoo-inc.com & registered my normal everyday email acct, everything was fine.

(btw, after the initial email contact for help, I linked to my Flickr pics too just so they knew which acct I was referring to)

Maybe you are correct about them ditching their yahoo emails & that is why I had a problem?

Good luck.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:42 pm 

Yahoo bought flicker but i was with flicker from the start.

I think is crazy to force everyone to have a yahoo email account when you want a flicker account.Google is almost as bad,but their email accounts work,or seem to,i have one i needed to get to play store to get apps.

During the several years ive had yahoo accounts--i used to get one when i had to then forgot the name and pass :shock:

I have two email accounts one with fastmail the other free,when i set them up i could have the first name i chose,they both work really well.Fastmail was bought by Opera(browser)and now Opera has sold it back to fastmail so new sign ups cost $10pa other than that great accounts

My lavabit--nerdshack and mailshack were shut down by the NAS and GHCQ as they couldnt read the mails

The email environment is not easy.Yahoo when it worked i found really poor as a user.Yahoo would regularly hijack my log in to ask me for a phone number,other email,address, etc could take a long time to get to email

Yahoo take the point of view "its for free so they can hassle you"Fortunately google and afew others are still free and hassel free.Who needs yahoo :roll:

Im still away visiting in the south of France the other-side of the mountains that keep the spanish out so no reliably wifi,next week ill contact yahoo see what they can do

Best would be my flicker account with no email at all :shock: I cant remember the name of the yahoo email i used back then,couldnt log in for so long

I have/had about 3 flicker accounts one i put some good travel images,Be happy if i get the VW account back

Thanks for the link 8)