Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:03 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: MY NEW DSLR Canon 7D
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:19 pm 

My camera finally shipped to my brother in Savannah, Georgia, USA.

I am sorry I forgot to click on Gordon Lang's referral link to ebay, so I do that now so that when i buy my lenses Gordon lang and Cameralabs can get some money to help keep this site and the great reviews (which helped me choose the 7D over the 70D) coming!

I would love to see Gordon's review of the Canon EF 70-200mm f2.8 L IS II USM a lens I plan to buy a year or 2 from now.
Gordon has a unique way of review stuff and I would love to see the mentioned lens reviewed.

Again the first lens i buy will be the EFS 15-85mm lens and hopefully the 85mm 1.8 and 40mm 2.8 pancake lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:44 pm 

I just bought the EF 40mm f2.8 pancake lens on amazon.com from a highrated seller new $150USD, I bought from this seller because amazon wanted to tax me, and I wont be paying tax to any government other than my own for purchases!

I also remembered to click on the link to amazon on cameralabs.com, I do this every time I go to amazon, ebay, and b&h so I wont have forgotten when I finally make my purchase!

I plan to buy my EF S 15-85mm lens next month and again cameralabs.com will get support when I click the link and I buy this lens!

Thank you cameralabs, Gordon Lang, you people here and those on other forums for your advice that helped me make the choices as to which camera and lenses I buy for the pictures I want to take!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:34 am 

The included Canon Software is actually what I would recommend for those learning RAW.
Not only is it good (maybe not the best) but it is free.

I also find that editing photos is the part I dislike the most. I still have 1200 photos to go through from a recent trip and keep putting it off.

Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX, Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II
Canon 430EX II
Opteka 13mm, 21mm, and 31mm extension tubes
Vivitar 50mm f/1.8 for OM System

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:12 pm 

BleuDragon wrote:
The included Canon Software is actually what I would recommend for those learning RAW.
Not only is it good (maybe not the best) but it is free.

I also find that editing photos is the part I dislike the most. I still have 1200 photos to go through from a recent trip and keep putting it off.

I like editing software, for me its no different from cutting and pasting physical pictures, and drawing which I have done throughout my life.

Editing is the way I make the pics how I want it, once I get the right software.

I will take your advice and use Canon's included software to start and get good, then get better software.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:35 am 

I buy my 15-85mm lens for my canon 7D on Wednesday night to ship to my brother in the USA, when he come back to Tobago next week Saturday I will finally have my camera and 2 lenses, the mentioned lens and the 40mm f2.8 pancake.

I click on the amazon link from http://www.cameralabs.com everytime I go to that site so that the site gets some money to continue its great work, and amazon is where I buy my 15-85mm lens at $599USD with $15 shipping, its in the used section though the seller list it at brand new, its a retail store actually not some person selling the lens, and with about 98% good rating!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:15 pm 

I finally bought my lens, only because i was ignorant and clicked commit to buy, i did not see a tax until I committed to buy, that tax was a new york sales tax, because i shipped to new york,

even though i called customer service and the over frendly woman told me of the cart which summarises all expensises, I am still angry at ebay, i paid $55USD for a new lens cost $610.

I wont be shopping at ebay any time soon again, i would rather pay the high price at amazon, than to have to search around on ebay to find all charges because its assumed the customers are American who know what they are doing..

And yes I now know adding stuf to the cart gives me all charges, i am still angry at ebay for not making that clear before I buy.

If yu say its my fault i dont care.

I clicked on the referal link on cameralabs.com to go to ebay, so Gordon should get some of what I paid to continue his work.

the lens I bought is the EFS 15-85mm lens for canon, the final accessory i buy for now, until I clear all my other major expenses,

next time i post I hope to be posting pictures, when my brother comes back to trinidad and Tobago next by next week saturday with his panasonic gh3 and lumix 12-35mm f2.8, the lens i recomended and he loves, he also brings my camera and 2 lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:38 pm 

Thanks for supporting Camera Labs by shopping through the referral links! I hope you'll get your lens soon.

- Bjorn

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:07 pm 

It's been a long arduous journey for you LE, but at least you'll soon have the gear to be able to get out shooting. 8)

However good or bad your very 1st image is, post it on here. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:13 pm 

I will, I had some trouble with my first lens purchase and had it canceled, I just bought another 15-85mm lens last night, and I need it shipped no later than Wednesday evenin, my brother leaves new York on a flight to my country Thursday morning.

It ships with Fed Ex 2day, a photographer on photography-on-the.net/forum (I have been banned from there twice, the second time I had respect and i was banned for simply being banned before and I was not even contacted) adviced me to buy a lens hood, and working with cameras before I know glare is a problem I dont want.

I am back on that site only I dont post anything, I talk to people privately who know who I am from my first profile and believe I am alright!

I bought the lens hood from b&h, lucky my brother stays on the same island in New York Brooklyn as the b&h online warehouse, the lens however was bought from KEH Camera on amazon in the state of Georgia USA.

I want to thank this site for giving me a second chance after I was banned before, I did behave and I plan to post my first photo I from my new camera i ever post online here, this site has helped greatly in making my choice as to what gear I buy and why!

Once my final gear is delivered all my brother has to do is bring them home!