Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:05 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:31 am 
Hey everyone !

Your pets are all adorable :) and I love how you can see some of their character come out in your pictures.

Well here is my cat as well. I just LOVE him :D

200mm f/5.6 3/5s. 800ISO

190mm f/5.6 2/5s. 800ISO

35mm f/4.8 1/4s. 800ISO

(I hope 3 is not too many :oops:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:43 am 
Awww..darn you Andy...my rough and manly demeanor is beginning to crack when I see that cat :-) Excellent, excellent shots -I'd say especially the last two.

Love how you've managed pull that furry, whiskery face close..hehe..can practically hear the throaty purr!

Allow me to reciprocate with a mini-Wiener - his name is Brutus and he is the smaller half of my two-dog mini-Wiener posse :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:53 pm 
This is my cat Dicey. She had just found out that I was going away for a couple of days and tried to flat pack herself into my suitcase.

After much of a struggle and gentle persuasion I managed to get her out of the suitcase. As you can see she was not impressed at all.

Our world is a bigger and happier place with our pets in it with us. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Cheers Ormina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:36 pm 

Hi folks,

Bit of a rushed shot of Kari & Kestrel, my two Hamiltonstövare, taken last summer. No chance to recompose as Kestrel, nearest the camera, decided to come over and investigate.
    Joined at the Hip

Clickable if you want to see the full-sized original (6 MB)

• Camera Model = Canon EOS 400D DIGITAL
  • Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) = 1/500 second = 0.002 second
  • Lens F-Number/F-Stop = 13/1 = F13
  • ISO Speed Ratings = 320
  • Focal Length = 70/1 mm = 70 mm
If you are at Crufts on Sunday, March 9th, come over and see us at Discover Dogs. We'll be manning (and dogging) the Hamiltonstövare stand from 9 a.m. until we drop.

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:41 pm 
i should get a cat!

i always had a cat, but some how the past 3 years i been without one, i guess its because here at home everyone travelles a bit too much and there is no one to take care of the poor kitty!

But as soon as i get my own place, i will get a kity!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:43 am 
Bob Andersson wrote:
Bit of a rushed shot of Kari & Kestrel, my two Hamiltonstövare, taken last summer.

I like this breed. Been hunting with one at occations, and they are really kind and good for hunting.

What i'd like to know... is "Hamiltonstövare" the enligsh word for these?
Or are you in fact swedish Bob ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:00 am 

Hi Khol,

Hamiltonstövare is indeed the English word for the breed and no, I'm not Swedish. There aren't many "Hamiltons" (common English abbreviation) here in the UK and from what I hear the Swedish breed association thinks we are slightly bonkers keeping them as family pets and/or show dogs rather than working dogs.

Mine are much loved family pets with brilliantly laid back friendly temperaments, both with dogs and people. However, definitely not a breed to own in a domestic situation if you can't spend a lot of time with them. As I'm sure you know they also need close attention when off the lead as they will follow their noses and go completely deaf if given half a chance. Luckily, when the occasion demands, I can crank up the volume to levels which would have a town crier looking over his shoulder! :twisted:

Bob.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:32 am 
Hamiltons are really nice dogs yes,
Kind... friendly... and they really like to work.

I've been hunting hares with one and the description you just wrote fits perfectly. They can hunt for hours, and, i might add, does a pretty darn good job.

Nice pricture too. I think the dog closest to the brickwall (Kari i guess) show this breeds personality most fair :)

I'd love to have one.

/K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:24 pm 

buster, a 4y/o black and white paint. he's ~16hh - big boy. and a gigantic teddy bear at that. patti sold him to me and i'll forever be grateful that she did. i also have a 'siamanx' cat but no shots handy of him currently. the other horse in the picture is patches, buster's buddy. he belongs to a young girl who boards with me.

lovely pets, everybody.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:15 am 

This is little baby "Spur"...he is about 8 weeks old, and he is a (gulp) jack russel terrorist (terrier) crossed with a chihuahua..

Nothin like a mutt that you can tote..

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:33 am 
WOW..better check this thread more often...lotsa cute pets, big and small, since i looked last :-)

Heh..ormina, I used to belong to "the cat people" myself for many years. That's one cute - yet selectively reserved - feline you have there. There are not enough words in the ENglish language to describe the many faces of cats..lol

Those Hamiltons look like a hoot!! Something for you to wrestle there Bob..keep you in shape, I'm sure!! lol..great image too, btw!

Absolutely handsome fella, that Buster! Couldn't have been easy for patti to part with him - but I have a feeling he's in very good hands :-)

Muahahaha for little Spur...last name "Of The Moment"? Great shot of that little rascal in the bag. Those puppy-eyes looking at the everything like it's a miracle..lol.

I firmly believe that only if you are a good pet owner will you ever be able to take good photos...a divine and universal law, methinks..

Great to see all them pets..have hundreds of my own..animals are very photogenic.

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:48 am 
Patti and b. you lucky ladies, how blessed are we.

Cheers Ormina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:57 am 
lah, he's a prince. old ranchers like to say that everyone has one special horse in their life... the one that is made for them, and i hafta say that i really think buster boy is mine. he's got all of the spunk of a young mischevious boy and laid back happy go lucky guy in one package. not to mention he's a big teddy bear and lets me hang all over him. i love everything about that horse from the way he looks to the way he snots patches into a playfight to the way he always tries so hard to figure out what it is i want him to do. i imagine we'll spend many many hours on the trail once he's going good under saddle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:41 am 

patti wrote:

This is little baby "Spur"...he is about 8 weeks old, and he is a (gulp) jack russel terrorist (terrier) crossed with a chihuahua..

Beautiful, and he comes with his own pair of sunglasses. Very Californian! 8) :lol:

Bob.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:01 pm 

well, yes, and no.

I wanted a little ankle biter that might actually BITE if need be....
and the "terrorist" part, the "Jack" side of the family, can be
a little treacherous...and tenacious...sorta like a little secret weapon.

Not a chicken little dog, but more of a DOG-dog.

He has no wardrobe.

Yet.

patti.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next