Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:33 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:24 pm 

:shock: There seems to be price fixing going on.The Fuji is almost exactly the same price as the NEX 6 (but not so good)

There are many examples of cameras costing far to much :shock: When i bought my Panasonic LX2,the LX1 cost 900€(at a local shop)The LX2 cost me 350€ ,more or less,The LX3 i paid 180€ when the new model replaced it--half price-Ditto my NEX 3 half price or 160€(Body)

Now sony have a poor pocket camera the RX100 at 500€ The RX100 mk2 at 700€ both with mediocre lens tiny sensor,which would make the excellent panasonic TZ41 with a smaller sensor still but all else WONDERFUL(except to many meg pix) a bargain at 280€

Now the RX1 how can the price of 3000€ be asked??? I hope the Richo will soon add a full size sensor priced at 600€

In desperation at the(now very old) NEX6 remaining at 500€ body only ive bought my excellent N5 a flash hot shoe & remote shutter control

When will the new sony NEX range be announced??? And the NEX 6 & 7 be sold at half price????

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:19 pm 

I'm not sure there's a single answer to that question though you should take into account that no self-respecting company would not want to recoup its R&D costs, which for Sony probably wouldn't be low.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:35 pm 

umm R&D Today i tried the RX100 again in fnac also the 750€ RX100 mk2 with NEX screen.How in the world can sony justify a price more than the NEX6 with 16-50(dreadful)lens a full 100€ MORE

The NEX6 is a good camera even though it dosnt have touch screen- but sony touch screens are not so good nor are sonys attempt at wifi.BUT the NEX6 is a pleasure to use and the viewfinder quite alright --Just the full price asked where ever i look annoying :x

The RX100 mk2 was awful larger than the panasonic LX7 or TZ40 which have a smaller sensor but manage better or as good images at less than half price and with a much slimmer form 8)

The RX mk2 asks 250€ for a hot shoe (my NEX hot shoe cost 9€)and a movable screen :shock: :shock: