Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:43 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:07 pm 

Just a thank you to people here for helping me out when I needed some settings suggestions quickly.
The show was last night and it was a blast to be in the pit-and this is the first time I've used this camera besides a few test shots in my house and a couple outside in the yard. I'll know the results shortly. Had to get to work today, not time yet to review what I got.

I have to upload them-about 219 shots- and then post. I'll link the set here when they're up.

I had some settings ready to go, within different areas, to compare. I took some in TV/shutter priority, then some in Aperture Priority, to see what setting the camera would choose for the variable.
I left the ISO on 1600 the whole time. Shallow pit, stage was a bit taller than me, (I'm 5'3"). the stage was wide, and a 15 foot portion of it stuck out about 3 feet in the center, making it tough to get the bass player from my spot. And then the pit filled with photographers and the videographers for showing the band on the couple of large arena screens, So there was no room to take a spot closer to that side until later in the show.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:58 am 

I am really interested in the results. Haven't tried my own 7D in low light + high ISO situations yet so I am really interested in how it holds up :).

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mtkoopmans/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:32 am 

Here's some shots!
I took a lot but had time tonight to post just a few.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kassie67/s ... 091942700/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:19 am 

Very good for a first outing with a new camera! My only comment would be that the camera underexposes for my taste. And if I were to bump exposure in post, I would rather do it on an image that was captured in auto-ISO mode at ISO200 and f2.8 (and 1/250) than an image that was captured in Shutter Priority mode at ISO1600 and f8.0 (and 1/250).

But that's just me - Mark

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:34 pm 

Some of them did come out underexposed, I thought too.

I had two settings:
TV/Shutter priority, where i put the ISO at 1600, shutter 1/250, let the camera choose aperture
Aperture priority, ISO 1600, f2.8, set shutter at 160

I think the photos I uploaded were mostly using the first setting choice.
I have a lot more, but didn't have time to do much to them yet