Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:44 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: MY NEW DSLR
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:49 pm 

Those of who who is interested in helping me with knowledge I dont have yet please do so here.

Let me tell you first what lenses I plan to buy and why, my first lens being the efs 15-85mm, I chose this lens first because of its focal range, next beccause I compare image quality with the 17-55 and found the 15-85mm quality to be a bit better at f5.6 and lower, and also found the f2.8 of the 17-55, not worth it.

The 17-55mm is to short a focal range for me and I think the 15-85mm is good enough.

Next the pancake 40mm, its small and the focal range on a crop camera is telephoto enough for me to be close to human subjects without being to close, and far wthouth being to far to get my entire subject in frame at portrait view, plus the 40mm as I have seen on this site on other site makes very sharp images, and i dont have to worry about the edge as I will use it on a crop frame.

I love landscapes, I love to look at scenic landscape and seascape views, so I also have wide lenses in mind, one such is the ef fisheye 8-15mm, which gives the equivalant field of view of 12.8-24mm, this being an L Lens is VERY sharp and will give me great wide views for gorgeous landscape and seascape views, as well to look at huge objects from a reasonable distance, getting a perpective distorted image, how distorted I know depends on my distance from the subject and the focal length!

There are several choices for me when it comes to telephoto, the ef 70-200mm L f2.8 is II the ef 70-200mm L f4 IS the prime ef 400mm L f2.8 IS II and the EF 200-400mm IS L.
I want the 70-200 is f2.8 ii, the 200-400mm and the ef 400mm L IS II, money is the main thing though.

For now I plan to the standard and wide lenses.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:03 pm 

Next the Camer I want to buy, I have first considered the entry level 650D and as thats discontinued now the 700D, dont tell me to buy the 650D bacause i wont be buying used and refurbished cameras, the 650D brand new cost about the same as the 700D.

The 700D is small, great image quality and basic feature, then i thought of what I wanted to take pictures of, not just average people and landscape, also fast moving objects like cars, birds and wildlife and sports men/women, and I know the 650D was not suitable for that, so I looked to the 7D and found its features are more than suitable.

I know that the 7D and all entry level DSLR use pretty much the same sensor, though sample pics I have seen of the 7D compared with the 650D from DSLR users on forums that are more active than this one www.photography-on-the.net/forum, and I saw the7d has a dull like blueish tint, when i enquired some one explained to me thats its the jpeg processing of the camera, the raws of all the 18mp sensor canon DSLR are pretty much the same, that what I was told.

I notice in noise comparisons a little bit more noise in the 7D than the other canon semi pros of the time and since, the Canon 7D with the 8fps, high ev range 1/8000 - 30sec shutter speed and very fast 19 point af made it a great camera, only ai was not sure of the sensor tech.

When I heard of the 70D and it would have pretty much the same features of the 7D and a better sensor I waited and hoped, and canon delivered, a semi pro camera thats modern thats fast in almost every way, and the same price as the 60D when it was first launched.

I have decided thats the camera I want along with nothing less than the lenses I wrote about in the above post, the 70D is the Camera I have been waiting for.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:16 pm 

The Canon 7D Mark II, we all know that camera in every way will be better than the Canon 7D, with 8-10fps, an AF maybe with more AF points and even faster, maybe even a 24mp sensor, that Camera may cost $2,200 USD, of course its likely I wont need a camera that powerful, as I assume it would weight the same and be the same size as the 7D, while the 70D is smaller and much lighter than the 7D.

While the 7D Mk II will be a great high speed camera to capture fast subjects more quickly and more accurately then the 70D, its likely though I wont need the 7D Mk II, and hopefully byt the time I am ready to buy the 70D will cost under $1000USD.

After a couple years of lenses and many pics my next Camera will be full frame, which by then there will be fullframes as fast as the 7D & 70D is today with more megapixels the same size of the 7D or the 5D mk III is today!!

For now its likely it will be the 70D I buy!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:34 am 

The 70D will never become semi-pro.

Cheers

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Panasonic DMC-FZ28, Canon G5, Canon 350D, Canon 50D + BG-E2N
Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM,
Canon 18-55 II plus lots of Minolta MD/M42 lenses and bodies