Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:00 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:01 pm 

I have a question on quick release plates. I have a tripod with a Manfrotto 804RC2 3 way head along with the quick release plates for a couple of lenses and bodies I have. The vendor info only lists them as std quick release plates. I'm thinking about getting a monopod in the future but I've run into a question. I don't want to have to remove the mounting plates to mount the lens or camera to a monopod so I'm thinking about adding a ball head that accepts the mounting plates I already have (plus it will add a little height to a monopod - I'm tall).

Is there a common description/designation for the type mounting plate my current head uses that I can match up to any candidates I find? I like what I have but I find the Manfrotto ball heads a little pricey to consider for a monopod so I want to at least look at other brands of heads first with matching mounting mechanisms. I really don't want to have to continually remove and reinstall the mounting plates if switching between a tripod and monopod so being able to have the same type mount on both is very appealing.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:53 pm 

I found my own answer. Found one that works with the Manfrotto plates so I'm giving that a try.