Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:03 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Olympus 810
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:54 pm 

Hi

I am very dissappointed with the Olympus 810 Camera we bought last year, it is rarely in focus on landscape views and is rarely in focus on close up pictures.

I suppose I was expecting good service from Olympus we we were very pleased with previous cameras.

It was impossible to find a Olympus fax number or to send a complaint letter of dissatisfaction to Olympus.

I think that large companies now make it more and more difficult to contact service complaints departments

Sadly I expected by paying more for the up to date Olympus 810 Camera I would get good results or better results than I got from my old Olympus Camera

Needless to say I will never be purchasing an Olympus camera ever again.

Thanks allowing me to share.

Dave

Post subject: Re: Olympus 810
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:59 pm 

To play Devil's advocate, was it really impossible to find a fax number or to send a written complaint to Olympus or did you simply not try very hard to find such details?

Based on your username, I'm guessing you're UK-based and I found this link with Olympus' fax number and an office address.

http://www.olympus.co.uk/corporate/en/a ... ortform.do

If you were serious about a letter of dissatisfaction, you could have sent it via a delivery service that requires a signature so they couldn't claim it had been lost in the post.

When you said you had trouble focusing on close-up pictures, were you focusing at or outside of the recommended minimum focusing distance?

CSCs: Panasonic DMC-GF3
Lenses: Panasonic Lumix G 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:40 pm 
Site Admin

For close-ups you may need to set it to macro mode - this is the case with lots of cameras. What does it suggest in the manual?

If you share some images where it's gone wrong we can check the settings to see if there's any other problems.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:57 pm 

If it does not work properly just send it to Olympus via your shop.
You will have it back in about one week.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:50 am 

You said you bought it last year, which means you've had it for at least 5 months, yet it is rarely in focus. If that is the case, why hasn't it been sent back to Olympus or the retailer as it must be defective? Either that or you have it on the wrong setting.

Panasonic G3: 9-18mm, 14mm, 20mm, 45mm