Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:10 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:32 pm 

Ok let me start by explaining That Im very very new to using my Dslr (Canon 660D ) I am interested in trying out some nice solid white and Black background portrait and group pictures. To that end I have purchased myself a double sided white & black ( on reverse) non reflective vinyl background.

However i have no real idea on the best lighting / flash setup to purchase. Im on a rather strict Budget at this time Of around £400. But if advice could be given as to a good setup, even for over that budget I can save a bit longer to get what i need.

As I have explained Im really new to using My D600 for anything more than outdoor shots to this time, so have no real experience with lighting setup, But i do know that from what I have read and Watched lighting is key, So would like to get this right, I understand that just having the kit isnt a guarantee for perfect pictures, but it will allow me a good base to start from while i learn the ropes.

Thank you very much in advance for any advice given :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:09 pm 

This is the best site in the world when it comes to learning off camera flash. He keeps it simple and as cheep as possible. I will keep recommending this site forever http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/03/lighting-101.html

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:30 pm 

I'd also suggest looking up some Syl Arena's video workshops. There are plenty of them on youtube. He goes through all the basic stuff and suggest tons of gear that you might need from day 1. By gear I mean accessories like reflectors, boxes, modifiers, gels etc.
Most of the things he recommends is pretty high-end) from best manufacturers. But of course there are much much cheaper options which will still do the job just as good)

Benro A300F Tripod + BH1 Ballhead

History:
Canon Rebel T2i