Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:25 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Traditionalist
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:50 am 

Traditional Californios Ranch Roping...part of the things I love...Known as the Pacific Slope. The Reata is braided rawhide, minimum 60 ft. The skill is in the loop thrown..
hope you like Marshall, he and his wife continue on in the ranching ways of old California.
Yes. Tell me what you think....

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:17 am 
Site Admin

Hi patti, nice shot - I always like seeing how other people live and work, and the image of the North Americian cowboy is still iconic for many including myself!

So how accurate is this guy when it comes to throwing the loops?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:43 pm 
I like the anticipation in the guys face, as soon as you open the picture you are locked onto the rope and then follow the rest of the shot.

Cheers Ormina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:34 am 

Gordon, he is as deadly as a scorpion...rarely misses, ALWAYS has a white shirt on that in never dirty, (!)...they call this type of roping BIG LOOP...the reata snakes out over and thru the cattle, and he can rope just the one he needs...in a blink of an eye...
As he builds his loop, which can be 20 feet across, he walks towards the herd, and that is the shot I got of him...approaching the herd..

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:32 am 
That's a really cool shot patti!

My eyes somehow want to see a sheriff's star on that shirt :-)

I don't know if it was intentional, but there is some symbolism in that man's head fitting inside the lasso-loop there...or have I watched too many Eastwood flicks?

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:12 am 

I wondered who would catch that first, Lah...the man in the "noose"...is the founder of this roping event...

Are you kiddin? I was just glad to get stuff in focus!!! Intentional? Nope, I was just pleased I didn't choke up myself....pretty fitting, he had been tied up in knots about this deal for a good month..funny how the subconcious mind works, eh?

patti