Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:01 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:58 pm 

Thomas wrote:
So it's not inherently bad to have a high-MP sensor in a camera. But the incremental benefit over 16MP APS-C/DX sensor may not be easy to reap as you need very good shooting skills regarding precise focus and holding your camera stable.

Exactly, how many first-time owners will benefit from the high resolution?

But well, Im not going to discuss about the sensor! I have to admit I really like it so far, but the idea of having such a sensor in this body made me thinking ''why?'' :lol:

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Panasonic DMC-FZ28, Canon G5, Canon 350D, Canon 50D + BG-E2N
Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM,
Canon 18-55 II plus lots of Minolta MD/M42 lenses and bodies

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:38 pm 
Site Admin

Hi everyone, in case you'd not already noticed, I've published our full review!

See my Nikon D3200 review!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:09 pm 
Hi, I bought my first digital camera and I love it. It is Nikon D3200 with DX 18-105 VR. Learnd very much on this site and from videos on YT. I am from Croatia!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:33 pm 

Higuys

Im hoping you can help me.im looking at buying my first dslr camera, to date the d3200 is top of my list, but i am unsure as to weather im being missled buy price, pixels,and other reviews and comments.

What im looking for from the camera:

High quality images, good enough to put on canvas of a good size, as i have children my partner and i enjoy have photos of.

Shutter speeds, i need to be quick as my kid dont stay still for long, but i believe the lenses make a difference ?

Price, im looking at about £450 ish or less

Video,may use it ocassionlly but not what i call important, i belive thats what video cameras are for i think ?

Hope you can help me, any advice you can give me will would be a big help.

I need to beable to use the camera to its best without going on camera course or reading a manual 10 times.

Nikkon D3200
Nikkon 35mm af-s 1.8G
Sigma 70-300mm DG
Nikkon 18-55mm 3.5-5.G

JPD3200

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:14 am 

Hi there, thank you very much for your thorough review.. however i have a question.
I have been searching *desperately* for any method at all of remotely being able to start/stop video recording on my D3200..
i bought it , and a tripod to be able to set it up away from me during my shows (music performances) however, i am not able to physically walk over to the camera between songs.. to start or stop the capture..i wish the 20 minute maximum recording time wasn't there.. or even better yet.. Is there any remote control out there in the world that i can push a button to start /stop recording?? i sincerely hope so. thank you for your time!
- Andy Ferguson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:13 pm 

I believe u can get a wireless adaptor for ya camera that enables you to use ur smartphone as a remote. Worth checking out. Im not sure of its price or the full features of it but it mite b what your after

Nikkon D3200
Nikkon 35mm af-s 1.8G
Sigma 70-300mm DG
Nikkon 18-55mm 3.5-5.G

JPD3200

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:07 pm 

Link to the system chart; http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/d3 ... lity01.htm if it's any help?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:56 pm 

Sample photo from my d3200 with AF nikkor 50mm f/1.8D

AF 50mm f/1.8D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:58 pm 

AF 50mm f/1.8D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:21 pm 

Looks like the camera high ISO performance is great for indoors.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:05 am 

I got one as a second body as also in my case i am having often a very good use for the highest possible MP count for the subject and conditions i am shooting (while my opinion is that good quality 6mp are absolutely enough for general photography). The only thing that made me speculating was buffer performance as my main interest is aviation.

Quote:

Nikon D3200 Continuous shooting

The D3200 has extended the continuous shooting capabilities of its predecessor from 3fps to 4fps. The drive mode selection lever has been replaced with a more conventional button on the rear panel which activates a menu with the continuous shooting mode alongside self timer and remote options. There's only one 4fps mode with focus locked on the first frame but exposure metered between shots.

To test the D3200's continuous shooting I fitted it with a freshly formatted Sandisk Extreme Pro UHS-1 card. With the D3200 set to Large Fine JPEG mode, I fired-off 100 frames in exactly 25 seconds with no sign of the camera slowing - this corresponds to a rate of exactly 4fps. Set to RAW, I managed 14 frames in 3.4 seconds before the camera stalled, which corresponds to 4.1fps. Finally in RAW + Fine JPEG I fired-off 9 frames in just over two seconds, again corresponding to a fraction over 4fps. In each case I shot at 100 ISO and the buffer took around 12 seconds to completely clear. Swapping the UHS-1 card for a Sandisk Extreme card with a speed class 10 rating made no difference to the buffer write times, so although you can use UHS-1 cards in the D3200, there's no speed advantage to be gained.

Ηmmmm .... The tests i did, with a Samsung Class 10 SDHC (which i think though has a write speed of 13mb/s) with Auto-ISO, Noise Reduction, Distortion Correction, D-lighting, all OFF, gave me these frame numbers before the camera halted shooting untill the buffer was empty :

NEF : 8
JPG Large Fine : 14
JPG Large Normal : 19

Which numbers showed on viewfinder and are indeed aligned with my test shooting and they are far from both the nikon manual and the Camera Labs review. Even if i supposedly used a SanDisk Extreme Class 10 which has a ~30Mb/s , that would probably only speed up the buffer emptying process , it wouldn't affect the number of frames stored in buffer before the camera stops shooting or i am getting it wrong? What factors define the [r] number in viewfinder ? (number of frames stored in buffer), is the card speed amongst them ? (can the camera know the card write speed and include it in its calculations?)

Even in the case that card write speed affects buffer capacity, in this case with the buffer performance i got the increase for JPG FINE LARGE would be from 19 to around 60 maximum and not 100 as stated from Camera Labs and Nikon manual ?

Also in no case i was able to shoot continuously for 25 seconds as Camera Labs stated. Even with JPG Normal Medium

What am i missing here?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:58 am 

To me this is an excellent digital SLR for beginners, I really enjoy learning to use this camera a lot as it's easy to learn and the images taken are so beautiful. Since I bought this camera I can't help taking pictures everywhere I go with it. This is my review of the Nikon D3200 if anyone is interested in why it's such a good one for beginners-- http://www.squidoo.com/the-amazing-nikon-d3200-dslr-camera

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:13 am 

btw an update. 95mb/s write speed cards do improve dramatically the buffer performance

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:43 pm 

Good morning
I would like to chime in on this thread as the prevailing presumption seems to be that everyone believes this camera is for amateurs.
I am far from that having owned Nikon SLRs and DSLRs for decades. In fact I currently own a D90, D700, as well as a few film bodies. However I find that I am using the small light weight D3200 the most especially for architectural photography assignments. The other cameras only come out when their more advanced features are needed and that is very rare.
This camera is also perfect for candid street photography due to its small profile.

Are there any other pros or serious amateurs out there who find this camera ideal for most of their needs?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:45 pm 

I recently purchased this camera as well as an extra zoom lens, the 55-200mm. I am technologically challenged, so miss the finer points of comparing cameras. Years ago I started with a Nikon 35mm fm and figured good name, good camera for trying to move from strictly point and shoot to a dslr that allowed automatic settings while on the large learning curve, in the attempt to improve the quality and clarity of my photos. I've been taking pics on auto settings with the Nikkor 18-55mm as well as the zoom. Most of my photography is outdoors and of natural subjects, birds, butterflies, plants, that sort of thing. I have been so completely disappointed in results that I am seriously considering returning the camera. Photos are blurry when enlarged to 100% in almost every instance, an issue I don't have with my older Panasonic lumix(DMC-FZ18). I expect to have to work at manual settings, but shouldn't this Nikon do as well on auto as the Panasonic? Any input would be appreciated.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next