Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:54 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:01 am 

So I use my 7D all the time, the longest I havent used it for 2012 was 1 week. But recently, I favoured against buying a second battery and swapping them out, and instead bought the official grip and a second hand battery (2 green bars now) and use it entirely with a grip at all times (I shoot for my school I teach at and teach photography 101 (not really a 101 course) in senior school so Im shooting almost everyday or demonstrating with my own gear.)

But I leave my battery door in the grip and both batteries in the grip as well, but my bag which was pretty expensive and relatively new cant support the camera and the grip together, its just too tall.

Is it a good idea to just separate my grip (it has its own place in my bag) and leave the door off (basically storing my camera with a hollow opening.) Or Should I put the door back on?

The other way someone suggested was buy a new bag, but the one I have is really good, its 8 months old and its almost new in condition (even when I went hiking in the mountains)

If I had to get a new bag, which one would be good to house a bat grip - the one I have is a Lowepro AW Pro Runner but not sure if its the 200 or 300 or the 350 - can hold a camera and 3-4 lenses (one of them is a 70-200 f/4 IS) with a flash and some trinkets. (for the life of me I swear the model number of the bag is nowhere to be seen.)

EDIT: Correction - its a Lowepro Pro Runner 300 AW

Leo

4) Leica M [50mm Summicron Pre-aspherical - Silver]

http://www.poetproductions.net

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:44 pm 

For fears of lint, dust and what not getting into the camera and possibly damaging the electrical contacts, I would definitely put the door back on and put up with the small inconvenience of removing it when attaching the grip.

My main bag is a Lowepro 400 AW and it's more than large enough to accommodate the 7D with a battery grip - I had it with a 7D, a 550D w/ battery grip and three lenses. If the 7D had a battery grip, it would have still fitted inside with ease.

CSCs: Panasonic DMC-GF3
Lenses: Panasonic Lumix G 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6