Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:15 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Go Pro P.O.V. cameras
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:48 am 

Does anyone here use these?
Amazing little rigs!!
Google up a few clips to see their full potential.... :roll:
I just upgraded from the Hero 2 to the Hero 3 "Black Edition"
Here is my first clip from it on a seriously overcast/pouring rain day.
The 2.8 lens certainly brightened things up. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qdoUoR5uY8

A time lapse with the Hero 2...4hrs of the worlds highest tides....
I used a free program to put it together, it re-sized the pics and seriously degraded their quality....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKG0quBaP4Q

Slow motion Humming birds from the Hero 2...

http://vimeo.com/45316707

My editing leaves a lot to be desired but I'm working on it.
I am stuck to wireless uploading having only a laptop which I believe is effecting image quality because the clips are much better on my computer.
It's all driving me a bit bonkers to be honest as I'm not really one for editing and high tech "stuff" :roll:
That said...I'm having a blast with the cams and the Wifi remote with the new cam should open up all sorts of possibilities.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:11 am 

Hey, Kpr. No, I don't have the PRO P.O.V. cameras but thanks for the links, very interesting. All I can say is that I am jealous! I have trouble here with my ability to watch the videos. (My internet connection is really not very good. It took me over 10 minutes to watch the first 2 1/2 minutes of your first video.) However, you have some great footage there in very poor conditions (that water looks awfully cold, btw!) No problem seeing even when completely under water. Very cool!

I do have a comment about image quality though. I know I am not the best photographer (yet :wink: ) but I'm also using a laptop, and have been noticing a lot of pictures look worse when I post them here than they do when I look at them full screen on my laptop. I had not considered that the resizing could be affecting my image quality, and at this point, am not knowledgable enough about the process to know how to fix that. I do know that I still have a LOT to learn as a photographer, and that I am somewhat limited due to the camera I have, but many of the pictures really do look much better before I upload them (to Photobucket) and post them here. I'm glad you posted that comment, as I have also been going a little nuts here with picture quality. I am interested in learning how to be a good editor (or at least to know what needs to be done) but I am much more interested in becoming a good photographer than I am about being a good editor. My enjoyment comes from getting outside and being a part of life. I LIKE taking pictures. And it's great to get a chance to share experiences through pictures, but it does get frustrating to have a picture that looks really nice when I upload it from my camera but looks grainy and fuzzy when I try to share it here. I figured it was just me.

X

Canon Powershot SX 150 IS