Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: to Robbon and Kpr
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:37 am 

XNavyHM3 wrote:
Grrr! Replied, and lost the page before it posted. I have got to get a better internet connection at some point...

It might not have been just you,I too was having problems with connections both here and P-bucket last evening.

I resize my pics to 800 x 800 before uploading them,goes a lot faster and a reasonable size for viewing.

AV & TV = GOOD
auto, scenic, = not so good

Like the digital zoom when in a preset mode like auto or scenic,that little camera brain is guessing and doing things for you.
That camera may have known more about it's settings than you a few days ago but...we're lookin after that sailor!! :D

All this stuff is going to come together much clearer on a good photo/light day.
You won't have to travel far and the tripod well that's optional as always,I hardly ever lug one along with me unless I am camping out in a spot to wait for a critter in a hide or blind or expect it will be long range shots.
There are lots of rests and stabilizers out there to be used...fences.walls trees,car hoods anything solid and it is good to get good at making yourself as steady as possible.
The slower that shutter goes the steadier you,your hands and camera have to be when it fires.

Re: The fence post....
I was looking atop the hill behind the cattails...wayyyyy out there :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:28 pm 

I do hate lugging a tripod anywhere, and do usually look for things like fenceposts to steady my camera. Most of the time I am just freehanding it if I am out in a field. Not to open a debate about guns, but I have found that the breathing and stabalization for handguns also works well with the camera. Your eyes are a lot better than mine. I didn't see that fencepost either in the fog or in the picture! (I do usually "look beyond the target" before I go for the shot. :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:15 pm 

X

the other issue you will have is the fog in this instance as the camera will have trouble focussing on it or allowing for it in the white balance. As such you will think the photos are either under or massively over exposed and result in darkere or whiter than actual conditions.

Again this is where PP (post processing) comes in to pull back the exposure to more correct conditions.

I had some real issues with trying to photograph fog and maintain the colour in the photos i was trying to take and had to go for the tripod to stable the shot. I also had to auto bracket the shot to ensure i picked up the colours and the shadows.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=29858

Pp is the only real way of bringing the "POP" factor out in some of your shots. :D

Got some of the gear but really still no idea...:)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:08 am 

Thanks Rob!
I read the link you provided and went to your photostream. Thanks for the information. I am glad to know that it wasn't so long ago that you were also asking for help! Somehow it makes it seem more doable knowing we are all here looking for hints. Right now everyone here seems lightyears ahead of where I am.
When I went to your photostream, I was looking at a picture, thinking - Wow, that looks a lot like around here. Lol, it was a picture of mine you were fixing! :)
Lots of great pictures there. Thanks for sharing!
X

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:09 pm 

not a problem.

I guess thats really the point, we are not lightyears ahead and once you start dabbling and playing then you will soon be there with the rest of the crowd.

I only invested in Lightroom this year and i would not change it for anything !

a semi decent camera, lightroom and an eye for a photo are all that you need imo !

Happy christmas !

:D

Got some of the gear but really still no idea...:)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:14 am 

x,

"Shooting form" is the perfect example!!
The better you make everything on your end the better the end result on the paper/target will be to either the X or the ten ring.
No debating that...it's a fact! :wink: